Burson Conductor 3 Performance & Conductor 3X Performance
Feb 1, 2023 at 5:16 AM Post #211 of 232
20230131_140959~2.jpg

Only one can stay 🤣🥰

Jun 7, 2023 at 8:41 AM Post #216 of 232
Hello, the 3 XP device arrived yesterday and I only used it with headphones, there were no problems. and now I connected my active speaker to the XLR preamplifier and switched it to Preout Mode in the menu. My problem is that the sound goes away and becomes completely silent after a while. the sound only comes back when I turn the device off and then on again. if I don't do this the whole thing is completely silent. have any of you encountered this problem? if so, what was the solution? IF you haven't come across something like this, what do you think the problem might be?

Jun 7, 2023 at 10:50 AM Post #217 of 232
Hello, the 3 XP device arrived yesterday and I only used it with headphones, there were no problems. and now I connected my active speaker to the XLR preamplifier and switched it to Preout Mode in the menu. My problem is that the sound goes away and becomes completely silent after a while. the sound only comes back when I turn the device off and then on again. if I don't do this the whole thing is completely silent. have any of you encountered this problem? if so, what was the solution? IF you haven't come across something like this, what do you think the problem might be?
Do you have XLR input on your active speakers?

Jun 7, 2023 at 11:15 AM Post #218 of 232
Do you have XLR input on your active speakers?
yes, but don't look stupid :) so far these speakers have worked perfectly with xlr cable with violactric dha v590 device . I don't understand why the 3XP goes silent when I use the preout output, but this is very bad for now.... yesterday it worked for 6-7 hours with headphones without any problems.

Jun 7, 2023 at 3:18 PM Post #219 of 232
yes, but don't look stupid :) so far these speakers have worked perfectly with xlr cable with violactric dha v590 device . I don't understand why the 3XP goes silent when I use the preout output, but this is very bad for now.... yesterday it worked for 6-7 hours with headphones without any problems.
It is not about stupidity. Some XLR to RCA cables can cause unwanted effects.
Ask Burson customer support per email. They are very kind and responsive.

Jul 8, 2023 at 2:10 PM Post #220 of 232
Oct 29, 2023 at 2:13 AM Post #221 of 232
Hello! Attempting to use my iPhone 15 Pro with my 3XP... anyone have any luck getting this to work? usb-c to usb-c from phone right into the 3XP does nothing (only had two cables on hand to try FWIW), but using the Apple usb-c to single usb-a dongle with the cable that came with the 3XP actually *does* work... except no matter the resolution of the file, the 3XP is at most only seeing 48k. I'm using VOX Player, but it's just the free version, so I am unsure if perhaps it is capping things at 48k, or perhaps this is a limitation of the Apple usb-c to usb-a dongle. Any thoughts and help appreciated--thank you!

EDIT: Definitely not the Apple c-to-a dongle... MacBook Pro-->Audirvana-->dongle-->stock 3XP cable-->3XP, no limiting of sample rate whatsoever--everything through various DSD read/displayed appropriately on the 3XP.

EDIT2: Further testing revealed the Vox app was the issue; switched to Flacbox, and sample rates read appropriately by 3XP. Would still very much like to know if anyone is able to direct connect their iPhone 15 with a usb-c to usb-c cable though! Wondering if only particular cables work in this regard. I've reached out to Burson, but haven't heard back yet. Will update when/if I do.

Last edited:
Nov 30, 2023 at 7:42 PM Post #222 of 232
Welp, I assume not much interest in this, but heard back from Burson and ultimately found a solution, so posting in the event it helps someone in the future!

My conversation with Burson was... interesting. Reached out and simply explained I was trying to connect my 15 Pro to the 3XP via usb-c to usb-c, any ideas, etc. Their response was to tell me I needed the Lightning-to-usb Apple camera kit... So, yeah... not a great start. After a couple more back and forths to get them to understand the 15 Pro has no lightning port, as well as more pushing to get an Apple camera kit, and claims that the 15 Pro's usb-c port does not have data transfer capabilities (huh?), I said thank you and kinda gave up with them.

Meanwhile... ended up ordering an OTG usb-c cable, a ddHiFi TC07S (50cm). Upon receipt, plugged it in to my phone, then right into the Burson, and everything works perfectly. Sooooo, yeah... while the Apple camera kit may indeed work as well, you just need an OTG usb-c cable variant. :slight_smile:

Dec 23, 2023 at 11:04 PM Post #223 of 232
I made up some extension wires so I could try the big Sparkos opamps in the Burson Conductor. It's pretty sketchy with them just hanging from the wires and just barely not touching anything but i;m glad I went for it. Immediately I can tell they are faster, blacker and more detailed than the Burson Vivid amps that I took out. I'll let them break in for a couple days before swapping back to the Vivids for a more detailed head to head comparison.

I should be able to eliminate the upper DIP socket, trim the pins closer to the bottom board, and solder the wires at a right angle now that I know the orientation of everything. Which will save 10mm to get them low enough to fit back under the top cover so I can install some insulation and maybe some two sided tape to secure them.

Sparkos Pro duals with extension.jpg

Sparkos Pro duals in Burson Conducter.jpg

Dec 26, 2023 at 3:44 PM Post #224 of 232
I also made some adapters and tried the latest greatest OPA1656 which are actually pretty good but still can't compare to the see through transparency of the discrete opamps

This looks much better. When I am sure I have it dialed in and evaluated in comparison to the Vivids I will post a very favorable review with photos.
Sparkos Pro duals in Burson Conducter vertical.jpg

Dec 28, 2023 at 8:28 PM Post #225 of 232
Dead thread I guess. No interest in these Burson products? They are starting to get discounted. I paid $999 for a new open box Conductor 3 XP. It is a really high quality piece if you use the remote instead of the fiddly volume knob. I also have a demo Conductor Reference SE coming so I can compare mods and have an RCA input to the amp section to compare other dacs. $699 plus $50 shipping from Australia.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back