Burson Composer 3X Performance (ESS9038, DSD512, Bluetooth, balanced output...)
May 28, 2023 at 5:40 AM Post #166 of 175
I finally got myself a composer 3xp! and as expected it actually smoothens all the highs that I had problem with my previous DAC.
Now I've been experimenting, between using Pre-out on the Composer+ Soloist Power Amp mode vs Dac out Composer + Soloist Normal Amp mode. Can't decide which one sounds better but I could hear a difference. Anyone can maybe chime in their personal opinion that have similar set up?

Jun 14, 2023 at 6:49 AM Post #167 of 175
Hello. I bought a Conductor 3XP device and I have a problem with it. my problem is that when using USB with a PC and using the 3XP pre out xlr output with an active speaker, sometimes a scary, loud popping sound comes out of the speaker, which literally scares me. There is something even scarier than that... sometimes it makes a sound as if something is shaking the speakers. crackling sound and awfully loud and scary too. what do you think? let me point out in advance, the xlr cable and speaker must work perfectly, they cannot be the source of the error. I welcome any useful information. this scary popping and "shaking" sound is there even if the 3XP is in preout or hp out mode. In fact, he did it even when he did not receive an active signal from any input, the 3XP was only switched on in idle mode!! Please help me find the problem, because the 3XP device is unusable!

Aug 17, 2023 at 9:17 PM Post #168 of 175
Hello. I bought a Conductor 3XP device and I have a problem with it. my problem is that when using USB with a PC and using the 3XP pre out xlr output with an active speaker, sometimes a scary, loud popping sound comes out of the speaker, which literally scares me. There is something even scarier than that... sometimes it makes a sound as if something is shaking the speakers. crackling sound and awfully loud and scary too. what do you think? let me point out in advance, the xlr cable and speaker must work perfectly, they cannot be the source of the error. I welcome any useful information. this scary popping and "shaking" sound is there even if the 3XP is in preout or hp out mode. In fact, he did it even when he did not receive an active signal from any input, the 3XP was only switched on in idle mode!! Please help me find the problem, because the 3XP device is unusable!
I would contact Burson. It might take a bit for them to get back to you.

Sep 30, 2023 at 3:27 PM Post #169 of 175
My week old Composer 3x is blown. No sound from anywhere. Was fine for a few days then nothing. Contacted Burson. First they asked if i was using an apple cable.

I then sent them these photos of obvious burns and blow circuitry.

Carlos then writes back for me to wait "a couple weeks" for a part.

This customer service is god awful.

Give me my money back please.

Attachments

• IMG_5306.jpeg
    IMG_5306.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_5309.jpeg
    IMG_5309.jpeg
    734.2 KB · Views: 0
Sep 30, 2023 at 3:42 PM Post #171 of 175
My week old Composer 3x is blown. No sound from anywhere. Was fine for a few days then nothing. Contacted Burson. First they asked if i was using an apple cable.

I then sent them these photos of obvious burns and blow circuitry.

Carlos then writes back for me to wait "a couple weeks" for a part.

This customer service is god awful.

Give me my money back please.

they'll send u a new usb card, and the problem is solved.

Dec 5, 2023 at 9:35 AM Post #174 of 175
Has anyone ever encountered this issue with their burson audio composer where it suddenly switches to bluetooth for some reason? i select usb input and play music then the music suddenly stops because it's switched to bluetooth.

I've had my composer 3xp for 2 years now and it's the first time it's done this

Last edited:
Dec 5, 2023 at 11:58 AM Post #175 of 175
Small update on my Composer that I’ve had for just shy of two years now. Still going strong, sounds great. It’s in pre mode with XLR out and RCA out to a sub. Pretty happy with it considering the 40%ish discount I got at the time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back