Burning in?
May 1, 2003 at 4:35 PM Post #256 of 265
Quote:

Originally posted by Stephonovich
Hi. I've received a reply from Grado, so far.

You heard from Sennheiser, Mike, but we shall see about Koss and AT...

1. How about Sony?
2. Grado's materials must be very different from Sennheiser's
3. Why didn't we do this from the first?

May 1, 2003 at 4:43 PM Post #257 of 265
Sorry, forgot about Sony. I'll write them as well.
Why didn't we do it? Because we were too busy fighting off an answer every 5 minutes
biggrin.gif

(-:Stephonovich:)

May 1, 2003 at 4:44 PM Post #258 of 265
Quote:

Originally posted by Mike Scarpitti
3. Why didn't we do this from the first?

It's more fun to debate.
biggrin.gif

peacesign.gif

May 1, 2003 at 4:53 PM Post #260 of 265
Well, I contacted Sony. The website was a Sony Style one, though. [Shudder]

And SageOHaze, I recommend you listen to a CD or two when you get them. Then, pop the in a drawer with music playing for about 48-72 hours. Change the music style every 6-12 hours. Preferably all of it should have some bass kick. Then, listen, and be overwhelmed... Uh-oh, are we gonna start over again?

May 1, 2003 at 5:06 PM Post #261 of 265
Quote:

Originally posted by Stephonovich
Well, I contacted Sony. The website was a Sony Style one, though. [Shudder]

And SageOHaze, I recommend you listen to a CD or two when you get them. Then, pop the in a drawer with music playing for about 48-72 hours. Change the music style every 6-12 hours. Preferably all of it should have some bass kick. Then, listen, and be overwhelmed... Uh-oh, are we gonna start over again?

BURN IN? ARE YOU CRAZY? THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS BURN IN! PROVE IT!

May 1, 2003 at 5:07 PM Post #262 of 265
Quote:

Originally posted by JaZZ
The reason lies between the lines.
biggrin.gif
His own hearing is so excellent and far superior to every one else's, as is his ability to separate illusion from reality. Not to forget his profound knowledge of physics, philosophy and new age...
tongue.gif

Apart from that and against all rationality (I can't really take the common physical scenarios in this regard seriously) I believed to detect a small difference in favor of the (black-)marked CD edges (sharper contour, less glare). If they are real, they are tiny, though, and not worth the continuous modification IMO, so I renounce it now.

peacesign.gif

Huh? I don't undertsand your post. I tried three different CD modifications:

1. Special green marker
2. Green mat
3. Another surface treatment

#1. Produced a noticeable improvement. Not huge, but distinct.
#2. Produced a similar, but slightly less intense improvement.
#3. Produced no audible change.

I must conclude therefore that the effects of #1 and #2 were genuine, as they were repeatable. Repeating #3 produced no effects of any kind that I could detect.

May 1, 2003 at 5:14 PM Post #264 of 265
Quote:

Originally posted by elnero
Here we go again.
tongue.gif

Well, I tried all of these many times, and I stand by my assertions. The CD player was Sony 507ESD. I have now acquired a 508ESD that has a different system. I have not repeated those tests.

May 1, 2003 at 5:46 PM Post #265 of 265
Mike, please note: I wasn't pretending it isn't true! I even believed to detect some impact and have prepared one hundred or so of my CDs that way. Now I'm four years older, suffer from a slight tinnitus and have more or less retired from ultra-critical listening. In this situation my ears are less trained than years ago, so the difference I perceive with normal music listening is not that clear that I can be sure about it. Maybe if I would begin with critical listening again... (with slightly reduced hearing ability).

peacesign.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back