Burning Denon D7000...what to expect?
Jan 17, 2009 at 12:53 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

Feather225

1000+ Head-Fier
Hey everyone!

I have been burning Denon D7000 for about 70 hours now... Still haven't heard any sound change or improvements...
I saw people were saying d7000 needs 200 hours to burn in...but what I'm I expecting? What is the improvement after burn in?
I'm pretty satisfied with the sound quality right now...really have no idea what should get improved...
Those of you who have experiences, can you please give me some thoughts on what is the denon's weaknesses before burn in, and what has improved after burn in...

I am still debating whether headphone burn in is psychological or physical...so I really need to prove to myself.

Thank you very much ^ ^

Jan 17, 2009 at 12:56 AM Post #2 of 11
I read the thread title and thought "For the love of all that's sacred, PUT IT OUT!"
redface.gif

/nothing to see here.

Jan 17, 2009 at 1:34 AM Post #3 of 11
I don't have the D7000s, but I do have Denons.

I received my D2000s last week and have put approx. 137 hours on them thus far. I noticed the bass has improved (fuller, tighter) and the instrument separation has gotten better. It's a very noticeable difference versus when I used them at 0 hours. They have definitely opened up.

After about 100 hours the changes were not as noticeable, but they are still changing; I plan to go to 200 hours and see how they are. If they aren't changing anymore by then, I'm going to stop.

Hopefully that helps. Every headphone is different . . . if you're happy with the sound, I'd just not worry about burning in.

Jan 17, 2009 at 1:39 AM Post #4 of 11
To moogoob, Thanks...still looking for some thoughts...

Jan 17, 2009 at 1:46 AM Post #5 of 11
Stop the burn-in silliness and start listening to your new headphones.

Whether the sound changes or not is meaningless.

New headphones work from the first electrical impulse they receive. So use them. Let what happens happen. There is no point in putting them aside for a few hundred hours in some ritual before you listen. Just put the D7000 on your head and play some music.

Think about it. What benefit could there possibly be to the burn-in ritual?

Jan 17, 2009 at 1:48 AM Post #6 of 11
Thanks for your thoughts my friend... I guess d2000 and 7000 are very similar...but I don't really notice the changes you described...maybe not enough hours?
I am pretty satisfied with the sound right now...but I still wanna know how they will change...If there is any...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Charles_1985 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I don't have the D7000s, but I do have Denons.

I received my D2000s last week and have put approx. 137 hours on them thus far. I noticed the bass has improved (fuller, tighter) and the instrument separation has gotten better. It's a very noticeable difference versus when I used them at 0 hours. They have definitely opened up.

After about 100 hours the changes were not as noticeable, but they are still changing; I plan to go to 200 hours and see how they are. If they aren't changing anymore by then, I'm going to stop.

Hopefully that helps. Every headphone is different . . . if you're happy with the sound, I'd just not worry about burning in.

Jan 17, 2009 at 1:54 AM Post #7 of 11
We are actually on the exactly same boat...I have Been listening to my denon since the second day.. just left it on during sleep to burn..I found burn in meaningless too.. But I just wanna prove to myself...lots of professionals do believe in burn in...it's just not very convincing...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Uncle Erik /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Stop the burn-in silliness and start listening to your new headphones.

Whether the sound changes or not is meaningless.

New headphones work from the first electrical impulse they receive. So use them. Let what happens happen. There is no point in putting them aside for a few hundred hours in some ritual before you listen. Just put the D7000 on your head and play some music.

Think about it. What benefit could there possibly be to the burn-in ritual?

Jan 17, 2009 at 1:55 AM Post #8 of 11
Hmm they sounded really good out of the box, I've probably played them (the D7000) close or past the 200hours not really sure about the exact amount, I don't know if I notice any big changes but still no complaints
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 17, 2009 at 2:15 AM Post #11 of 11
I think a lot of the burn in effect is your brain getting used to the headphones rather than physical changes or the placebo effect. I think as you listen to them more your mind adapts to them and learns how to pick the detail out of them. That's what I noticed with mine. It was only changing when I was listening to music on it, not with pink noise overnight.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back