Burning CD's
Apr 14, 2009 at 6:34 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

Dr.J

100+ Head-Fier
Hello everyone,

I'm not sure if I'm posting in the right section, but here's my question, nevertheless:

Is there something lost, digital information and/or sound quality, in the burning of cd's, via software like Nero 8?

The reason I ask is because, as I'm in the great white north, the cd's I like are quite expensive, yet our library has them freely available. What I don't like, however, are the library identity tags attached to the cd's, which, in some cases, mess up playback (mass off center).

Is the burning of cd's a viable option for audiophile playback?

thanks,

John

Apr 14, 2009 at 7:49 PM Post #3 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by iriverdude /img/forum/go_quote.gif
In other words you want to copy library borrowed CD's.

redface.gif

Apr 14, 2009 at 8:00 PM Post #4 of 12
Wanna make sure that the rip is accurate. I use a program called Exact Audio Copy. When configured properly, it will produce excellent results. Use good media as well. Verbatim data life plus CD's are a good choice.

Apr 14, 2009 at 8:15 PM Post #5 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by iriverdude /img/forum/go_quote.gif
In other words you want to copy library borrowed CD's.

well... here it's perfectly legal to do so, depends on your country I guess.

Apr 15, 2009 at 6:09 PM Post #6 of 12
Don't know Nero 8 at all.
But unless it has trouble reading the CD or you use a lossy temporary format the burned CD should be more or less identical to the source CD. For safe of mind you should consider using EAC for ripping (with cue sheet), then Nero or like for just burning.

Make sure you don't break any copyright laws.

Apr 26, 2009 at 1:06 AM Post #9 of 12
EAC is great, but make sure that you set the ripping format to WAV or FLAC.

Apr 28, 2009 at 11:54 PM Post #10 of 12
+1 for eac, but nero may be good as well as long as you don't put the original cd in a format like mp3 first, it should give you a good copy. Making an .iso (disk image) of the cd and then burning would in theory make a perfect copy of the original disk. I'm thinking that nero could do that while eac does not.

May 7, 2009 at 6:24 PM Post #11 of 12
nero is a good cd burning software,you google your favorite cds online if there are any free streaming of which you can download and burn using nero if you hate the library tags...anyways where you will it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back