Burnaby Mini meet
Oct 28, 2004 at 7:49 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 26

Watchdog

500+ Head-Fier
I'll be hosting a mini-meet in Burnaby at my place. I'd like to keep the numbers to about 12 - 15 people max, although I'm sure not everyone will be there at the same time, so perhaps we'll have enough room if people arrive and leave at different times.

When: Saturday November 6th, 11am - 6 pm
Location: Send me a pm and I'll give you my address and directions.

So far we have the following confirmed
  • Watchdog
  • TrevorNetwork
  • AOS
  • Edwin (co-worker of Watchdog)
  • Susu
  • Natsuiro
  • Bring Me to Life
  • Zooboomafoo
  • Xtreme 4099??? - maybe?
  • andsoitgoes

10 so far.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Oct 28, 2004 at 8:01 PM Post #2 of 26
Sounds great!

Watchdog, please start an equipment list as well. I have the following:

Benchmark DAC1
Audio-Technica ATH-W2002
Audio-Technica ATH-A900
Apple iPod (3G)
Grover SR Interconnects
TrevorNetwork Kevin Gilmore DynaHi
TrevorNetwork maxed CMOY

btw: The PPA that Natsuiro is bringing is awesome! Custom built by me with IR, DB, the whole bit. Nevermind that, you should hear his modified Toshiba 4960. Amazing budget CD/SACD/DVD-A player.
biggrin.gif

Oct 29, 2004 at 3:26 AM Post #7 of 26
I should be there too.

I'll bring a Piccolo as well as my new DAC/amp combo prototype - Flute. A third longer than Piccolo, but comes with TPA6120 headphone amp and digital volume control.

I'll also bring HD-580 and iRiver HP-120. If I'm really lucky, I'll receive Sennheiser HD25-1 by then as well.

Look out for that DAC-1 that Trevor is bringing, it'll blow you away.

Oct 29, 2004 at 3:48 AM Post #8 of 26
I've been thinking about buying a DAC1, so I'm looking forward to hearing it.

Oct 29, 2004 at 4:01 AM Post #9 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by TrevorNetwork
* TrevorNetwork Kevin Gilmore DynaHi

* Possibly! It will depend on whether its new owner allows me to keep it another week! He has waited too long imho.
biggrin.gif

blink.gif
blink.gif

well i am happy to know that people are enjoying trevor's benchmark...i had it for 5 months and it was quite an experience.

Oct 29, 2004 at 9:11 PM Post #10 of 26
Sweet! Well guys, Dynahi is in the house! Along with my maxed out CMOY, and Maxed-out PPA (owned by Natsuiro). Tiberian has kindly agreed to allow me to keep the Dynahi for the meet. Then she goes out to her new owner. You guys are going to -love- AOS' new amp-dac combo, Flute. I have a feeling there is going to be alot of interest after hearing it!
biggrin.gif

Let's get some more interest here! There is some very cool stuff coming to this meet!

Ever wanted to hear the Audio-Technica ATH-W2002? How about the Benchmark DAC1? (Class A headphone amp, Class A DAC) What about AOS' amazing offerings? How about the Toshiba 4960 modified!?! C'mon people, great gear, great people, and a great venue.

Oct 30, 2004 at 12:09 AM Post #11 of 26
i might drop by if i have some gas money. hehe.

My Xperimental PPA with the latest dbuffer dynobias iteration, and ppa with the latest tweaks.
xbox - modded.
my pc with emu1212m

Oct 30, 2004 at 11:04 AM Post #13 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by TrevorNetwork
When it comes to this meet, I think every real head-fi'er within three hours of Burnaby would be thinking the same as this guy:

4508hit.jpg

public static final #_of_times = 999999999999999999999999999;

public void IdHitIt(int #_of_times)
{
if(#_of_times == 0)
return 1;
else
return (1 + (IdHitIt(#_of_times)));
}

That is the number of times I would hit it...

Nov 2, 2004 at 5:26 AM Post #14 of 26
Updated the list, we have one more and maybe an out of towner if Xtreme comes.

Nov 2, 2004 at 10:42 PM Post #15 of 26
ill go if you guys can help me with gas money so i can get back hehehe, then i can bring God's PPA. hehehe, stacked second row of transistors there, been beta testing goods, i need to replace that second row of transistors with the higher quality ones i have in the front row, they add super speed, but a little of the dynamics were lost due to using the lower quality transistors ones, so hopefully by the meet ill have replaced them, otherwise ill be putting back the schottky diodes which work very well, and sound good too. fun fun, tweaks.

Picture3004small.jpg
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back