Burn-in Files
Oct 14, 2008 at 9:56 PM Post #16 of 35
Yea i usually listen music at 70%, sometime higher.
Ad i said i played your files for 10 hours no stop at 70% , hope my brand new shure 530 didn't get damaged
frown.gif

Oct 14, 2008 at 10:12 PM Post #17 of 35
if u burn in at normal listening level u cannot break em since it would be no different then u listening to em at that level but u should give em a break every hour or two for 15 minutes

Oct 14, 2008 at 10:15 PM Post #18 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by TacticalPenguin /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You mean the whole thing??? OH NOSE

Please explain to me how you figure an armature IEM can require nearly a month to burn in.

Placebo, that's how...

Armature-type drivers DO NOT burn in...maybe if they'd never been used before, and hour or so to loosen up playing music would suffice. LOL...

From Wiki:
A balanced armature is a sound transducer design primarily intended to increase the electrical efficiency of the element by eliminating the stress on the diaphragm characteristic of many other magnetic transducer systems. It consists of a moving magnetic armature that is pivoted so it can move in the field of the permanent magnet. When precisely centered in the magnetic field there is no net force on the armature, hence the term 'balanced.' As illustrated in the second diagram, when there is electric current through the coil, it magnetizes the armature one way or the other, causing it to rotate slightly one way or the other about the pivot thus moving the diaphragm to make sound.

The design is not mechanically stable; a slight imbalance makes the armature stick to one pole of the magnet. A fairly stiff restoring force is required to hold the armature in the ‘balance’ position. Although this reduces its efficiency, this design can still produce more sound from less power than any other. Popularized in the 1920s as Baldwin Mica Diaphragm radio headphones, balanced armature transducers were refined during World War II for use in 'sound-powered' telephones for military use. Some of these achieved astonishing electro-acoustic conversion efficiencies in the 20% to 40% for narrow bandwidth voice signals.

Today they are typically used only in canalphones and hearing aids due to their diminutive size and low impedance. They generally are limited at the extremes of the hearing spectrum (<20Hz, >16kHz) and require a seal more than other types of drivers to deliver their full potential. Higher end models may employ multiple armature drivers, dividing the frequency ranges between them using a passive crossover network. Some combine an armature driver with a small moving-coil driver for increased bass output.

Oct 14, 2008 at 10:27 PM Post #21 of 35
...not that placebo isn't without merit. I mean, if you THINK it sounds better, then it will, and good for you. Funny how no one ever experiences "reverse placebo", in that things begin to sound worse (until they suffer from upgradeitis and want to validate needing new equipment).

It may take a month to get used to the sound of an IEM though. They are pretty weird.

Oct 14, 2008 at 10:34 PM Post #22 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by energie /img/forum/go_quote.gif
thanks, now i feel better.
Btw since you have the 530 too, did u notice any improvement adding a D2, im intereted in ibasso amp.
Is it worth?

Thanks

absolutely did but to get even more greatness out of it add a lod to the mix and ur good to go
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 14, 2008 at 10:38 PM Post #23 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by Golden Monkey /img/forum/go_quote.gif
...not that placebo isn't without merit. I mean, if you THINK it sounds better, then it will, and good for you. Funny how no one ever experiences "reverse placebo", in that things begin to sound worse (until they suffer from upgradeitis and want to validate needing new equipment).

It may take a month to get used to the sound of an IEM though. They are pretty weird.

I agree.
I will delete the time table.
Thanks

Oct 15, 2008 at 6:17 AM Post #25 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by hockeyb213 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
absolutely did but to get even more greatness out of it add a lod to the mix and ur good to go
smily_headphones1.gif

yes my lod is ready waiting an amp
smily_headphones1.gif

I bought the one on head direct.

Oct 17, 2008 at 10:08 PM Post #29 of 35
x2
Thank you for the files.
I did today burn a CD with your files. I am right now burn-in my SA6. I have missing such files for weeks.
wink_face.gif

I did too add a 15 min. silent track on the CD to let them take a breath every hour.
The rest of the space is used for my favorite songs.
ksc75smile.gif

Oct 18, 2008 at 2:10 AM Post #30 of 35
Thanks for this post my friend! These files are awesome!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back