Burn-in Files
Dec 8, 2008 at 12:18 AM Post #32 of 35
I have been very sceptical about the benefits of burn-in, especially after my flac debacle where I acidentally my whole collection.

However, I decided to give it an extra try, because I had essentially nothing left to lose. And also, if you cannot trust expert audiophiles who know their stuff, then who can you trust in this world?

So today I have listened to pink noise and frequency sweeps (at about 70 % volume) for 10 hours and then when I switched to some Mozart I was AMAZED by how good it sounded. It was crappy 320 kbit mp3s but I really enjoyed it, and my headache went away too.

Thanks a lot!!!

Dec 8, 2008 at 12:42 AM Post #33 of 35
You LISTENED to pink noise and frequency sweeps?????? o_O

Also, for the long burn-in time of BAs, if he was only giving a quick listen after every 40 hours, there's not really enough time for him to get used to the specific sound, and he would probably forget some of the sound after 40 hours, so it could have possibly taken 30 days of this cycle before he became familiar with the sound and decided that they were burnt-in.

Dec 8, 2008 at 9:59 AM Post #35 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by mape00 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have been very sceptical about the benefits of burn-in, especially after my flac debacle where I acidentally my whole collection.

However, I decided to give it an extra try, because I had essentially nothing left to lose. And also, if you cannot trust expert audiophiles who know their stuff, then who can you trust in this world?

So today I have listened to pink noise and frequency sweeps (at about 70 % volume) for 10 hours and then when I switched to some Mozart I was AMAZED by how good it sounded. It was crappy 320 kbit mp3s but I really enjoyed it, and my headache went away too.

Thanks a lot!!!

LOL!
biggrin.gif

btw, there's a program called burninwave generator, which does the same, including adjustable pauses. Only if you want to use a computer, that is.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back