Buried Treasure (car thread)
Feb 18, 2007 at 6:42 PM Post #17 of 24
WoW That is unbelieveable!
blink.gif

Feb 18, 2007 at 6:46 PM Post #18 of 24
i am thinking if the story is true then probably some old dude who had no family did the barn and cars..died and maybe nobody ever knew he had such a collection.

who ever owns the property now should have full legal rite to sell them. all he has to do is sell one to easily make up for his purchase..i mean you have any idea what those porsches are worth alone? omg...

i would of punched myself in the face if i opened up that door for the first time, punched myself hard...really hard!

Feb 18, 2007 at 8:17 PM Post #19 of 24
I'm doubtful. It's like a re-hashing of numerous classic urban legneds- In New Jersey the legend was some old lady in the pine barrens advertised a cheap chevy, the guy who went to look found an old over grown barn and inside was a mint (like) 1956 split window corvette for $200, story was the womens son bought it before he shipped out to Vietnam and was killed yada yada yada.

I've heard that story many times, the location is different and the fine details are different but it's the same story.

Mitch

Feb 18, 2007 at 11:28 PM Post #20 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by braillediver /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm doubtful. It's like a re-hashing of numerous classic urban legneds- In New Jersey the legend was some old lady in the pine barrens advertised a cheap chevy, the guy who went to look found an old over grown barn and inside was a mint (like) 1956 split window corvette for $200, story was the womens son bought it before he shipped out to Vietnam and was killed yada yada yada.

I've heard that story many times, the location is different and the fine details are different but it's the same story.

Mitch

how do you explain the extensive photos?

Feb 19, 2007 at 12:26 AM Post #22 of 24
"how do you explain the extensive photos?"

Extensive photos of what? A bunch or cars. The pictures are non specific enough to mean what?

There's not enough dust on the cars to have been in a semi-open garage surounded by a dirt covered field for 15 years. There's not enough bird **** on the cars to have been in a semi-open garage in an open field for 15 years.

If the story was true there'd just be something more concrete than the non-specific posting on the auto site. Some follow up or something.

Part of the reason this works is- who wouldn't want to find that?

Mitch

Feb 19, 2007 at 6:47 AM Post #23 of 24
As was mentioned, I don't think any Portugese members have spoken up, but in the US buying the barn wouldn't necessarily mean you owned all the cars inside of it. (Doing a title search and claim on 50+ cars could take years.... many would never be 'paperworkable' because the DMV has no current contact information for the last registered owner ,ie, a title would be sent to a house and the new owners would send it back to toss it out).

Lotta good parts cars in a collection like that. Very eclectic (Mini cooper and a boattail 30's rolls???)

The restoration expense of restoring a fraction of those cars would cost hundreds of thousands of dollars.

Feb 19, 2007 at 3:03 PM Post #24 of 24
awesome collection! wish i had found it!
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back