Buried Treasure (car thread)
Feb 17, 2007 at 9:38 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 24

redshifter

High Fidelity Gentility• redrum....I mean redshifter• Pee-pee. Hoo-hoo.• I ♥ Garfield
Joined
Aug 12, 2001
Posts
10,217
Likes
18
so you buy an old farm house, and discover an old barn in the trees. nobody has lived there for 15 years.

you break the the lock and go in the barn and see...
cars.jpg


more photos of the cars (they're hell of dirty cars, but some look to be in good shape):
http://forums.streetfire.net/showthread.php?t=15422

how many can you identify?

/fark
 
Feb 17, 2007 at 9:43 PM Post #3 of 24

redshifter

High Fidelity Gentility• redrum....I mean redshifter• Pee-pee. Hoo-hoo.• I ♥ Garfield
Joined
Aug 12, 2001
Posts
10,217
Likes
18
Quote:

Originally Posted by pne /img/forum/go_quote.gif
oh my god its a red barchetta! the song was true!


and it looks like it is from a better, vanished time, too!
blink.gif
cool.gif


porsche.jpg

oh, man. oh, MAN! that lucky bastard.
 
Feb 18, 2007 at 12:10 AM Post #5 of 24

beetle-juice

Head-Fier
Joined
Feb 7, 2005
Posts
84
Likes
0
I see some MGs, Triumph, and Minis.
 
Feb 18, 2007 at 12:28 AM Post #6 of 24

MrSlacker

Headphoneus Supremus
Joined
Aug 30, 2004
Posts
3,958
Likes
13
Thats simply amazing. Can you imagine the look on the person's face when he opened the doors...
 
Feb 18, 2007 at 12:40 AM Post #7 of 24

digitalmind

Headphoneus Supremus
Joined
Oct 24, 2005
Posts
2,546
Likes
11
That is amazing!

Mini's, Opel GT, Lotus Elan, Lotus Seven, Volvo 544, BMW 502, 356's, Alfa Giulietta Berlina, Mercedes Pullman, various MG's, Triumphs, and tons I can't place. Amazing collection and a stunning find.

Problem is that bringing them back up to good condition will most likely be more expensive than buying a good condition one to start with.
 
Feb 18, 2007 at 2:43 AM Post #9 of 24

Chef Medeski

1000+ Head-Fier
Joined
Jan 9, 2005
Posts
1,305
Likes
10
Quote:

Originally Posted by digitalmind /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That is amazing!

Mini's, Opel GT, Lotus Elan, Lotus Seven, Volvo 544, BMW 502, 356's, Alfa Giulietta Berlina, Mercedes Pullman, various MG's, Triumphs, and tons I can't place. Amazing collection and a stunning find.

Problem is that bringing them back up to good condition will most likely be more expensive than buying a good condition one to start with.



Sell half of them to fix up the other half. I see atleast 50 cars. I would be more than happy with 20 beautiful classics like this.
 
Feb 18, 2007 at 3:02 AM Post #10 of 24

redshifter

High Fidelity Gentility• redrum....I mean redshifter• Pee-pee. Hoo-hoo.• I ♥ Garfield
Joined
Aug 12, 2001
Posts
10,217
Likes
18
Quote:

Originally Posted by Chef Medeski /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sell half of them to fix up the other half. I see atleast 50 cars. I would be more than happy with 20 beautiful classics like this.


i'd be happy with one.
 
Feb 18, 2007 at 12:35 PM Post #14 of 24

Ingo

Headphoneus Supremus
Joined
Aug 16, 2004
Posts
2,030
Likes
12
I wonder if there is going to be a legal battle over who owns the cars? This is in Argentina, right? I wonder how their legal system works there.
 
Feb 18, 2007 at 5:48 PM Post #15 of 24

redshifter

High Fidelity Gentility• redrum....I mean redshifter• Pee-pee. Hoo-hoo.• I ♥ Garfield
Joined
Aug 12, 2001
Posts
10,217
Likes
18
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ingo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I wonder if there is going to be a legal battle over who owns the cars? This is in Argentina, right? I wonder how their legal system works there.


portugal, i believe.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Top