Bulletproof?
Oct 20, 2008 at 6:20 PM Post #16 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by stevenkelby /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Beyer DT150. Bulletproof and excellent sound.

Good from an ipod, great with an amp.

x2 on the DT150...

Oct 20, 2008 at 8:01 PM Post #17 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheAnomaly /img/forum/go_quote.gif
a significant reason for my choosing the DT880 was its apparent ability to withstand a nuclear holocaust.

Don't forget to bring some Vinyl and tubes there
very_evil_smiley.gif

Oct 21, 2008 at 1:58 PM Post #19 of 22
DT770. They are about hardest headphones around, built like a tank. Where is that video/pictures of DT770 being driven over by car without a scratch again...

Oct 21, 2008 at 2:24 PM Post #20 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by muckluck /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Jesus christ the HD-150s have got to be the ugliest headphones I have ever seen. Worse than floats.

It's an acquired tast. They grow on you. Really.

Oct 21, 2008 at 8:44 PM Post #21 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by Moontan13 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I appreciate the heads up! How was the SQ?

SQ wasn't bad for $20, but then again you don't expect much for $20. They also were not the most comfortable headphone around.

For portability the HD-25's are hard to beat. Lightweight, small, split headband, you cannot break these!! If one day pigs start flying and you break something on them, you can buy the part that is broken from Senn and easily replace it yourself. For comfort they are not bad, but not that great either. Until I had put some Denon D2000's on my ears I did not think much of them being uncomfortable, they have a bit of clamp going on.

Oct 21, 2008 at 11:54 PM Post #22 of 22
These really aren't meant for being portable, so size is not an issue. They are just going to be thrown in bags and such so I'm just looking for something that can survive being on the backseat of my car or in a bag. I guess foldable is a plus. Any opinion on Ultrasone? I really want to try the HFI-580s but can't find any real detail on how well they'll hold up. I'm kinda looking for fullsize for comfort reasons.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back