built 3 diy speakers, all sound muffled, need help
Mar 19, 2018 at 11:30 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

aclup3

New Head-Fier
Hi, as this trend of DIY speakers with those tda7492 and tpa3116 amp boards is growing, I gave it a shot and started building some speakers. I built a small one with this drivers (AIYIMA 1pcs 1.5 inch full range 4ohm 10W 40mm Fever Bluetooth wifi speaker strong neodymium loudspeaker-in Portable Speakers from Consumer Electronics on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group to clipboard) and this 2*5w amp ( Bluetooth Power Amplifier Module 4.0 Audio Receiver CSR8645 APTX Dual 5W Speaker Audio Amplifier Lossless Band Talk Function-in Integrated Circuits from Electronic Components & Supplies on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group to clipboard), but in the end, it all sounded muffled, than I build a bigger box, and bought another pair of the same drivers and used this amp (2 X 8 Watt Class D Bluetooth 4.0 Audio Amplifier Board - Tsa2110a | eBay), but I'm the end, it also sounded muffled. The design was a sealed box with a passive radiator, without any foam or stuffing inside.
I thought it was due to the drivers so I bought different bigger drivers
I build a box with the front panel of this size 33cm*12cm. I used a 25w 7492p amp and tried it with the box closed and with the back panel with a little gap and in both ways, it sound muffled... What am I doing wrong??? Is it the drivers? The design? The amp?? The lack of stuffing? Every speaker is sounding a bit muffled and distant like the music is coming from inside a box.. really weird

Users who are viewing this thread

Back