Building bottlehead crack for a profit
May 19, 2013 at 8:19 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Newschool

New Head-Fier
I'm set on buying the bottlehead crack and I saw that if I buy two then I save. It would basically cost 220+shipping for the second one. I was thinking about getting two and building the second one just to sell it. I've seen the price going for around 300 bucks for a well assembled crack. Correct me if I'm wrong on that.

Also from what I've heard it takes about 10 hours to build(I have a fair amount of experience with soldering).

So is it a bad idea to buy the extra crack to get the extra experience of DIY and to make 80-100 bucks? If I do I'll probably put the money towards a speedball upgrade haha

May 19, 2013 at 8:32 PM Post #2 of 5
Doesn't take 10 hours to build a Crack assuming you have a decent experience with soldering and basic know-hows with the components used, took me bit over 2 hours to build mine and that's with custom parts and careful wiring as well. Housing on the other hand is different, takes time for the wood glue to dry and if you're customizing the colour of the wood or the metal plate, than add bit more time on that.

May 19, 2013 at 8:43 PM Post #4 of 5
Honestly hard to gauge prices just because you use a unique dye or stain on the wood finish. If the level of finish on the Crack is proficiently and professionally done, I see no harm in selling the finished Crack at slightly higher price, as after all - you have invested your own precious time into building the amp and applying the finishing touches to it. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back