Bugdet IEM (25$)
Nov 5, 2016 at 3:26 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 15

MAntunes

100+ Head-Fier
Hi guys,
I am looking for some new IEM. I have the KZ ATE, which I like very much but my father "stole" them. I also bought the KZ ZS3 recently but I don't like them very much, they don't fit quite right on my ears.
My bugdet is arround 25$ and I am planning to buy on Aliexpress.
I saw that on 11/11 there are a lot of discounts and I saw the Tennmak Pro for arround 21$, on the official store and the **** 4in1 for arround the same price (https://pt.aliexpress.com/store/product/2016-****-4in1-In-Ear-Earphone-Dynamic-BA-Hybrid-Drive-Unit-DIY-DJ-Earphone-HIFI-Headset/1825606_32704437923.html), but I don't know the store.
I like more of a balanced signature like the ATE.

Another thing, what foam tips do you recommend on Aliexpress also?

Best Regards!

Nov 5, 2016 at 5:10 PM Post #2 of 15
Xiaomi has a couple earphones that are within your budget that you might like. The Xiaomi Piston 3 is more neutral sounding albeit a little too dull for my taste, but they're sort similar to the KZ ATE which I also own although I would say that the KZ ATE has more punch to them for sure. The other option is the Xiaomi Hybrids which are a combination of a single dynamic driver and 2 BA drivers, which are a bit more lively sounding and even though they might not be characterized as much like neutral sounding, they are still well balanced and very fun to listen to. They have less bass than the KZ ATE, but more than the Piston 3 (both quantity and quality) and I would say overall the Xiaomi Hybrids are clearer and more spacious sounding than either of those two.

Nov 5, 2016 at 6:35 PM Post #4 of 15
Maybe the new **** DT2 plus can be found for around 25$ HCK gives a god price for head-fi members if you ask him.

This ones: https://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/Now-****-DT2-Plus-Dynamic-With-2BA-Hybrid-Drive-In-Ear-Earphone-Ceramic-IE800-HIFI-Earplhone/1825606_32752216906.html ??
Are they better than the two I said in the first post?

Nov 5, 2016 at 9:42 PM Post #7 of 15
The Soundmagic ES18 sounds quite good and is cheap.

Nov 6, 2016 at 7:05 AM Post #8 of 15
I forgot to tell you that my sources are my Lumia 950 phone and my PC, I do not have any external DAC or AMP.
But I am thinking of buying a DAP in a near future, something "budget" also.

Nov 10, 2016 at 4:40 PM Post #9 of 15
Hi! I've decided to up my budget a little bit to try to get the best one possible:
But there are so many IEMs
frown.gif
I've been looking at the following:
- Tennmak Pro
- Tennmak Crazy Cello (a bit more expensive, and does not have removable cables)
- **** 4in1
- **** UES
- **** DT2+ (no longer for sale at NiceHCK)
- Xiaomi Pro (no feedback at all)

And I'm always looking towards your sugestions!

Nov 11, 2016 at 10:25 AM Post #12 of 15
There's a massive "black friday" equivalent sale on aliexpress right now....and the ATE's are like $4 and a lot of the other ones you mentioned are probably on sale as well

Nov 11, 2016 at 10:48 AM Post #13 of 15
**** dt2plus is NOT 2ba included!!
1ba is really knowles ba.but another is fake ba!!
you have to look "@khodynt"'s tweet on twitter!!

I've tried contacting him regarding the authenticity of his claims. Will update.
Damn it, to thought that I was holding off on getting it and now hearing news of it being fakes right after I just bought it. What coincidence.... :frowning2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back