Bud's to sleep in?
Jun 23, 2008 at 1:05 PM Post #18 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by choomanchoo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Oh oh, for a second there I thought this thread was going to be about mary-a-juana
biggrin.gif

Now, now, don't get excited...

Nylan

Jun 23, 2008 at 2:20 PM Post #19 of 28
Hmm.. Why do you need a good bud if all you're gonna do is sleep in them?

Anyway I have a pair of Shure E4's that I had no problem with while lying on the side. Olives are rather comfortable.

Jun 23, 2008 at 8:02 PM Post #21 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by legless /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Presumably, because before you fall asleep you will be awake and thus able to perceive the sound coming out of the buds.

Jun 24, 2008 at 7:29 AM Post #22 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by legless /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Probably to get a comfortable bud. Even if you are listening to them before bed sound quality is still important. Plus comfort is important since they will be in your ears during the night. Hard to fall asleep with something uncomfortable jammed in your ear.

Jun 24, 2008 at 7:35 AM Post #23 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by Scott549 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Presumably, because before you fall asleep you will be awake and thus able to perceive the sound coming out of the buds.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

Little update. I snagged some JVC Marshmallows since they were so cheap and thought what could it hurt. At first they sounded extremely ****ty, so I modded them like they show here haha. This made them sound leaps and bounds better. That being said I'm still looking for a quality pair. These are good for the price and I'm not afraid to trash though :p. If anything else comes up I will keep you all updated. Thanks for the help so far.

Jun 24, 2008 at 7:48 AM Post #24 of 28
Glad to hear that. I do agree about the price, wouldn't want to risk damaging a very expensive pair.

The marhsmallows work for me. I slept with them last night with no problems. They stayed comfortably in place all night. They felt great too, it was like sleeping with earplugs
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Jun 24, 2008 at 8:01 AM Post #25 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by nicholaus /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I don't own them,but the q-jays are small...

Agreed if one can't do customs, the q-JAYS will do the trick. They are tiny and can be pushed in so deep that you can lay on your side and not feel them. They are within the budget, and sound nice. The ER6i fit like this as well, but don't sound as well rounded and balanced.

Jun 24, 2008 at 11:21 AM Post #26 of 28
I sleep with my Marshmallows all the time. Not only are they my only smaller earphones other than my iBuds but I won't cry if I break them while sleeping.

Aug 4, 2008 at 10:00 AM Post #28 of 28
I am sleeping listening music on cx-300 for more than a year now, almost every day. Surprisingly they still hold, actually I never thought they would last that long.
Sound quality for sleeping buds is difficult to judge for me because the volume I use is very low, almost zero (Anything more than that is too loud for me in the middle of the night) and sound quality is a function of volume as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back