Budget Soundcard Alert!
Mar 18, 2004 at 5:57 AM Post #91 of 110
Quote:

Originally posted by pirate
perhaps buffer length? =( heeeeeeeelp

You're sure you've got the upsampling DSP enabled, and set to 96000 HZ?

Mar 18, 2004 at 6:59 AM Post #92 of 110
heh got it

Mar 18, 2004 at 7:01 AM Post #93 of 110
with kernel streaming whenever another sound is played, such as the clicking of a button on IE, the music suddenly stops and doesnt start again until you press someone on the trackbar or press play again. is this normal?

Mar 18, 2004 at 7:16 AM Post #94 of 110
The answer to this, of course, is stop using the evil IE and start using a real browser... No stupid sounds.

Anyway, I have no clue why this is happening. I've heard people say that the Kernel Streaming feature is actually more a hack/kludge than a feature, and so it's buggy. foobar even acknowledges that it may not work right. Try ASIO.

(-:Stephonovich:)

Mar 18, 2004 at 12:35 PM Post #95 of 110
Turns out, i just had a bad card.. I tried EVERYTHING, and it just wont work,..

I installed the card first with the drivers from the CD and i would get Audio Deck, the drivers and everything would be working properly except no sound is being produced (like the outputs i plug into are broke or something)

Then i would try to go to Viaarena and get the newest drivers and install them, Everything would work fine, but Audio deck would not work after i installed the new drivers, i would get some kinda acess violation error with Exmplc or something stupid like that.

Then i tried the card in a freinds computer it didnt work there either.
We both had completely different systems. We both had Windows XP, the card was just,... not working and now i have to wait another 2 weeks to get another one
frown.gif

Mar 18, 2004 at 5:22 PM Post #96 of 110
Quote:

Originally posted by pirate
with kernel streaming whenever another sound is played, such as the clicking of a button on IE, the music suddenly stops and doesnt start again until you press someone on the trackbar or press play again. is this normal?

This is normal. Don't bother using kernel streaming unless you can hear an audible difference (which is very very unlikely, since with this card waveout and KS should produce the exact same output).

Mar 18, 2004 at 5:24 PM Post #97 of 110
Quote:

Originally posted by OSV
Turns out, i just had a bad card.. I tried EVERYTHING, and it just wont work,..

I installed the card first with the drivers from the CD and i would get Audio Deck, the drivers and everything would be working properly except no sound is being produced (like the outputs i plug into are broke or something)

Then i would try to go to Viaarena and get the newest drivers and install them, Everything would work fine, but Audio deck would not work after i installed the new drivers, i would get some kinda acess violation error with Exmplc or something stupid like that.

Then i tried the card in a freinds computer it didnt work there either.
We both had completely different systems. We both had Windows XP, the card was just,... not working and now i have to wait another 2 weeks to get another one
frown.gif

You rebooted after installing, right? If not, then shame on you.
wink.gif
If you did, then you must have gotten a bum card.

Mar 18, 2004 at 6:22 PM Post #98 of 110
Of course i restarted, and a bum card is exactly what i got. And it sucks because i hate waiting.... i have to wait another 6-7 days to get my card again. Unless... Somebody tells me the sound quality of an Audigy 2 is better, because i wanted to use this card for music listening and get another card for games.

Mar 19, 2004 at 6:08 AM Post #99 of 110
anyone have any issues with sound volume on this card? Setting my movie player, windows and the card at its highest volume, a movie is hardly audible, music seems to be fine in winamp, but playin a xvid movie on media player classic is impossilbe.

Mar 19, 2004 at 1:37 PM Post #100 of 110
Quote:

Originally posted by bubbers214
anyone have any issues with sound volume on this card? Setting my movie player, windows and the card at its highest volume, a movie is hardly audible, music seems to be fine in winamp, but playin a xvid movie on media player classic is impossilbe.

Not at all, but I'm only dealing with music. I'd suggest checking all the Windows Sound mixer controls though.

Mar 19, 2004 at 9:23 PM Post #102 of 110
Quote:

Originally posted by Earwax
Not at all, but I'm only dealing with music. I'd suggest checking all the Windows Sound mixer controls though.

Tried that both master and wav are all the way up... I guess ill just use it for music and use my onboard for movies.

Mar 29, 2004 at 5:21 PM Post #105 of 110
Quote:

Originally posted by yeeyy
Anybody had any RMAA figure to share with?
tongue.gif

I couldn't get RMAA to run on this card. DOn't know what's wrong as I WAS able to run it on my other PC and soundcard.

HAs anyone else tried? I am curious, but probably not curious enough to spend much more time on it than I already have.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back