Budget Soundcard Alert!
Mar 10, 2004 at 10:55 PM Post #46 of 110
Quote:

Originally posted by Iron_Dreamer
I completely agree! I'm tempted to buy on just to see how good it is for only $25
biggrin.gif

If is not that good, just sent it to me.....LOL....I have a Sounblaster Live.....(shame on me)

Mar 11, 2004 at 1:01 AM Post #47 of 110
good enough for me -- ordered!

Mar 12, 2004 at 12:04 AM Post #50 of 110
I just recieved mine in the mail, I was using soundstorm setup before and this is soo much better, much less bass heavy and much more clear. I love it, not bad at all for 25 bucks shipped.

Mar 12, 2004 at 12:51 AM Post #51 of 110
Sounds GREAT!
Too bad newegg doesn't ship internationaly, could anyone buy it for me and ship it to Norway for a little money? Like 30$ + shipping
biggrin.gif

My sister has a soundblaster pci128 and listens to music all day long poor thing. Think of my sister!

I'm happy with my terratec dmx 6fire
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 12, 2004 at 1:47 AM Post #52 of 110
dear lordy, this new soundcard is starting to bring out the flaws of my source (mostly 192 mp3's) and the inabilities of my current phones. Wow this is crazy.

Mar 12, 2004 at 2:09 AM Post #53 of 110
I just ordered one, it should be getting to me by Monday. Im pretty new to all this stuff and was wondering if it would be possible to have 2 sound cards in my computer at the same time. because...

I am going to use this one for music listening, (i have a pair of Senn HD25's) and try and find another card that is also cheap but really good for games(meaning it has good EAX/surround-that i would also be using with my HD25's. I never use speakers i just want to find another card that will have good Gaming sound for a Pair of headphones.

any suggestions?

Mar 12, 2004 at 3:20 AM Post #55 of 110
On a side note, how is the Envy 24PT chip, as compared to the 24HT-S, like the one in the AV-710? There's another Chaintech soundcard on eBay with the 24PT chip in it. It says it has 24/192KHz in one place, and then 24/96KHz in another place. I'm guessing seller error. But anyway, how's the quality? Worth the $10 savings?

(-:Stephonovich:)

Mar 12, 2004 at 6:33 AM Post #56 of 110
most likely it is the same card.. even Chaintech refers to AV710 as Envy24PT card on their website.. this is obviously not true, althow Envy24PT and HT-S are so similar if not the same chips, but the first one is marketed strictly for onboard use, while the latter is for PCI cards.. btw. I don't remember Chaintech producing any other card based on Envy..

grkn: shipping to Europe is around $20-25, so it would be better to look for a Norway Chaintech distributor.. it's a common computer components brand..

Mar 16, 2004 at 9:37 PM Post #57 of 110
I just got my Card today, i did everything i was sopposed to and disabled my onboard sound card. But i cant get any sound, im using heaphones, pluged in line out, Drivers installed everything seems to be working fine, i just get no sound... all volumes are set right and everything.. can anyone help me out?

Mar 16, 2004 at 9:54 PM Post #58 of 110
Quote:

Originally posted by OSV
I just got my Card today, i did everything i was sopposed to and disabled my onboard sound card. But i cant get any sound, im using heaphones, pluged in line out, Drivers installed everything seems to be working fine, i just get no sound... all volumes are set right and everything.. can anyone help me out?

Do you have the newest drivers from viaarena.com? Also, if you're running in high rez mode the outputs are switched to Alt. Center. (check the manual to see where that is)

Mar 16, 2004 at 10:27 PM Post #60 of 110
Maybe the mute is on....it may sound stupid t osome, but I have seen some cases, in which after trying everything, at the end the card was muted....
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back