Budget Sound Card or DAC?
Jun 7, 2010 at 8:40 PM Post #31 of 45
Another question:

I heard that gaming is kind of messed up with this DAC. In what way, exactly?

Jun 8, 2010 at 1:09 AM Post #32 of 45
Jun 9, 2010 at 2:28 PM Post #33 of 45
idk, I just heard it's not good for gaming.

Jun 9, 2010 at 2:34 PM Post #34 of 45
Quote:
idk, I just heard it's not good for gaming.

It's hard to say.  The person who told you that was probably working with a less than optimal headphone for soundstage, and thus wasn't able to have that pinpoint accuracy.  To rephrase, I have my doubts that it was the DAC/Amp at fault, and not their phones/them.

Jun 9, 2010 at 10:01 PM Post #35 of 45
Ah, I remember now.

It was a member of Overclock.net who said it, meticadpa. He owns JVC HA-RX700s, AD700s, and a few other entry-level headphones, as well as a Musiland Monitor 02.

However, I'm still a little concerned about this... does anyone have experience with this?

Jun 12, 2010 at 10:40 AM Post #37 of 45
I just picked it up at the post office today, and I'm having a little trouble getting it to install. I'm trying to install 1.0.8.4, and it won't. When I try to install the firmware fix, it says "Device not found!"

Jun 12, 2010 at 11:18 AM Post #38 of 45
You have to install the drivers first, and THEN you can apply the firmware fix.  Get everything working with the included CD, then go from there.

Jun 12, 2010 at 11:41 AM Post #39 of 45
nvm, got it working. I didn't see the "HP" button :p

Sounds great, it's amazing.

Jun 12, 2010 at 1:14 PM Post #40 of 45

<3 China for making some of the best audio products.

Jun 12, 2010 at 11:49 PM Post #41 of 45
If you are still looking for a DAC. I would HIGHLY recommend the Musiland SVDAC06. Not only is it a DAC its a pre-amp which could come in handy if you were to be using headphone that needed a lot of juice or if you wanted extra power with some powered speakers. I posted a review of it a year ago. Give it a read!

EDIT: Wow I probably should of read the entire thread before commenting. Scratch whatever I just said. Congrats on your new DAC! Musiland makes great products. 

Jun 13, 2010 at 8:28 PM Post #42 of 45
Whenever I try to play Counter Strike: Source with this, my framerate goes down significantly (I don't have that great of a computer).

Does this happen with anyone else? Is it normal?

Jun 14, 2010 at 5:52 AM Post #43 of 45
Quote:
Whenever I try to play Counter Strike: Source with this, my framerate goes down significantly (I don't have that great of a computer).

Does this happen with anyone else? Is it normal?

Sounds like it's normal.  Software acceleration then USB transportation.  Shouldn't take THAT much of a toll vs onboard, though.

If your old card was an X-Fi, doing a lot of processing, you'd see a difference, though.  You COULD keep it in, and just route gaming through that card, and your music through the 02.  Fiddling with the ingame sound settings might do some improvement aswell.  (IE: Change it from Primary Sound Device to whatever the Musiland is called in Windows, change the bitrate to 44100 or 48000, make sure Software Acceleration is set (IE: disable hardware acceleration))

Jun 18, 2010 at 4:23 PM Post #44 of 45
It was actually solved by rolling back drivers >__>

I hate NVIDIA.

Jun 18, 2010 at 4:29 PM Post #45 of 45
Quote:
It was actually solved by rolling back drivers >__>

I hate NVIDIA.

That crazy random.  I usually suggest to the more technically adept to run their Beta drivers.  Usually they either work awesome or terribly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back