budget portable dac/amp for Sennheiser HD 560s
Jan 30, 2023 at 9:55 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

theoneandonlyone

New Head-Fier
At the moment i am using Philips TAPH802(with wired cable most of the time), but I finaly decided to treat myself to some good headphones and since the HD 560s had great reviews and were 100€ on their outlet store i went for them. Since this is my first real step in the hi-fi world i don't know that much but i have read that a dac/amp is important so i came to you guys for advice.

my primary listening device for now is my phone LG V30 but the battery is dying and the rest of the phone is starting to fail on me. I thought about buying a new phone with a good built in dac and headphone jack but there aren't many options, even more so since i want a newer smaller phone(with a good battery). So i guess my best option is a portable dac/amp that i can use with any phone that i want and here i am.

-my budget is around ~50€ and it can be used, outlet or new it doesn' matter, but if possible in that i get it in my country Slovenia and if not any european site is fine.

-for the music that i listen to it varies... sometimes jazz, classic rock, classic?metal, instrumental, classical.
-i try to go for hi-res audio, or vinyl rips that i get the best sound if possible.
-i prefer a more i guess natural sound and i heard the HD 560s is brighter? so maybe the dac/amp should be a bit warmer to offset this?

any help is appreciated

Users who are viewing this thread

Back