Budget Listener in need to cure addiction.
Feb 13, 2009 at 3:05 AM Post #16 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by dC0m /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ah, which would be better, the Denon 551 or the Nuforce NE-7? I'm leaning more towards the Denon since it seems more solid and more of a basshead like IEM.

Answer plz?

Feb 18, 2009 at 3:00 AM Post #17 of 21
So I plugged the trigger on the Denon C551. HUGE Improvement over my EP-630s. I ordered them from Buy.com on Sunday Midnight and they were here today (Tuesday) just a few minutes ago. Coincidentally, my EP-630 broke today. the wire connecting it to the headphones snapped and that's something I can't repair. The EP-630 has been a hassle for me since I'm constantly taping the wire that connects the jack. $10 is not worth it, I'm glad I went for the full $60 on the Denon C551. I felt I should have bought the NE-7M since everyone was recommending it but Amazon wouldn't accept Paypal and I'm satisfied with my Denons. Great stuff, maybe I'll try the NE-7M once I'm through with this C551.

Feb 18, 2009 at 3:11 AM Post #18 of 21
I had the J2s and they have no bass below 60Hz if I remember correctly, or was it 100Hz. Just say the bass is subpar, and they are very mid forward, meaning the highs are recessed. Even EQing them didn't bring out bass for me.

I own the NE-7s and they are good for the money. If you can go with buds, IMO the absolute best value is the Yuin PK3s. They are earbuds, but they sound much better than the NE-7 IMO and they do produce amazingly good bass (didn't expect it).

Feb 18, 2009 at 4:02 AM Post #19 of 21
Is the J2 similar to the Denon C551? It was one of my choices in which I was debating during my purchase. I'm thinking the C551 has more bass?

Feb 18, 2009 at 4:28 AM Post #20 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by dC0m /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Is the J2 similar to the Denon C551? It was one of my choices in which I was debating during my purchase. I'm thinking the C551 has more bass?

that's like thinking a handgrenade is more explosive than a firecracker

Feb 18, 2009 at 4:53 AM Post #21 of 21
Aha, so my choice with the C551 was a wise one. I'm looking forward to my next pair of IEMs.

Also, one thing I did notice from my C551 from other IEMs is the build quality. The earbud itself is heavier and of stronger material than any IEM i've seen or felt. Good job, Denon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back