budget in ear headphone advice
Aug 29, 2010 at 5:51 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

justpatel

New Head-Fier
Recently my jbud j2 have stopped working, thought they were decent nothing great. So now I need new headphones, I've been looking into the MEElectronics M9 headphones and was wondering if they are a good set. Im not much of an audiophile and I listen to mostly rock, and sometimes techno so I'm looking for a balanced set of headphones. I also saw the Jbuds J3 and was wondering if they were any good... Any other headphones in the $20 or less category would be nice as well if you could mention them.

Sep 1, 2010 at 6:59 PM Post #3 of 10
You might want to read jokers 100 iem review. 

http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/478568/multi-iem-review-100-iems-compared-westone-um3x-turbine-pro-copper-added-08-18

Sep 6, 2010 at 8:49 AM Post #5 of 10
Try the Meelec M9, they won't disappoint you :)

Recently I've tested a Philips SHE3581, a very cheap model. I'm not a great fan of Philips headphones, but these are amazing for the price (they retail for less than 20 eur in Spain. They sound decently for the price, are very comfortable (to me, at least, and I find most IEMs uncomfortable), and affordable. I cannot use them with silicone tips, but I've fitted them with a pair of Comply foams I had, and are great :)

For the sound I would choose the M9, no doubt, but if you're looking for something a bit cheaper, easy to find in stores and good sounding, the SHE3581 may be a good option:

http://www.p4c.philips.com/cgi-bin/dcbint/cpindex.pl?ctn=SHE3581/10&scy=nl&slg=en

Good luck!

Sep 6, 2010 at 2:54 PM Post #6 of 10
Quote:
Recently I've tested a Philips SHE3581, a very cheap model. I'm not a great fan of Philips headphones, but these are amazing for the price (they retail for less than 20 eur in Spain. They sound decently for the price, are very comfortable (to me, at least, and I find most IEMs uncomfortable), and affordable. I cannot use them with silicone tips, but I've fitted them with a pair of Comply foams I had, and are great :)

Thanks, Dervish, that's very interesting. I've had a red pair of the 3581 in my amazon cart since they came out. Very sweet-looking little earphones. This might be what I need to finally pull the trigger.

Sep 6, 2010 at 3:08 PM Post #7 of 10
I think they worth the price. They doesn't look cheap, I mean, they are very well built.

I didn't pay a dime for my pair, since Philips sent them to me for free as a gift after buying a hair trimmer. I registered the hair trimmer to get an additional year of warranty, and they sent me the phones as a welcome present. Incredible, they presented me with the only "home appliance" I would enjoy :D

I started using them for the gym, so I couldn't stop worrying about the cable getting trapped in some machine and broken. They were free, so... After a week or so I decided they were more than they looked. With the stock tips I had some problems fitting them, but I used the Comply tips that came with my TDK and then they transformed. More comfortable, a bit more airy sound.

I still prefer the sound of my M6, but...

I don't dare to make a review of them, though, as I've used them with the Comply's only, and that wouldn't be fair. If you finally buy them and want my silicone tips, drop me a note and I'll send them to you. I'm not going to use them, that's for sure.

Sep 12, 2010 at 1:09 AM Post #9 of 10
btw guys I looked at the Kanen KM-948, which seem super cheap. Despite being so cheap would you consider they are better than the stock Apple headphones and also of good quality.

Sep 12, 2010 at 3:10 AM Post #10 of 10
Better than stock earbuds, yes, but the KM948 still feels like a $5 earphone. The balance also favors treble over bass - don't know if you'd like that.

Quote:
btw guys I looked at the Kanen KM-948, which seem super cheap. Despite being so cheap would you consider they are better than the stock Apple headphones and also of good quality.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back