Budget IEMs
Feb 7, 2012 at 10:58 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

StiffTacos

New Head-Fier
Hey guys,

My trusty JVC Marshmallows just broke and I don't want to take my fancy stuff to brave the outdoors.

I am looking for a cheap pair of IEMs that:
1) Isolate well
2) Are bassy
3) <$40
4) Don't break in my pocket

I've done research and people recommend the Soundmagic E10 and E30, the Meelectronics M6 and M9, and the JVC Air Cushions.

I am currently leaning towards the Air Cushions. I almost bought the M6, but the ear hooks seemed like too much hassle.

Thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Feb 7, 2012 at 11:15 PM Post #2 of 9
Yuin PK3 seem to fit the bill. I don't own a pair (got some PK2 instead), but they are supposedly bassy, and under $40 on Amazon right now...

There are a few complaints about build out there though, and they aren't built to isolate, they're more like your gummies were.

Feb 7, 2012 at 11:26 PM Post #3 of 9
The Sony EX310 are very detailed in mids and offers plenty of deep, rich bass with fairly wide soundstage.

Feb 8, 2012 at 1:01 AM Post #4 of 9
The Air Cushions is okay, but not great. It doesn't isolate well. The midrange is too recessed. A much better choice would be the Meelectronics M21 for just a few dollars more. If you are willing to spend $35 though, the E10 would be the best choice. The Sony EX310 is $50 on Amazon.

The Air Cushions  really isn't  that much better than the $6 Panasonic RP-HJE120. If you want to go cheap, get the RP-HJE120.

Feb 8, 2012 at 1:14 AM Post #5 of 9
What about the Brainwavz m4 for $28 (list price $99) currently on sale at Amazon?

I am getting ready to pull the trigger on a pair for fun....

Feb 8, 2012 at 1:21 AM Post #6 of 9

Quote:
What about the Brainwavz m4 for $28 (list price $99) currently on sale at Amazon?

I am getting ready to pull the trigger on a pair for fun....

Hoped you pulled that trigger because it's out of stock. 

Feb 9, 2012 at 5:03 PM Post #8 of 9
If you have average or larger ear canal, you need to try Monoprice 8320 for less than $10 shipped in US. Its isolation quality is average but sound quality is excellent much better than JVC Marshmallows. If it fits your ear canal, this is one of the best cheap IEM you can buy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back