Budget iem's good for rock music
Oct 16, 2020 at 9:27 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

theguy69

New Head-Fier
I'm looking for some budget iem's for listening to rock music. I am currently trying to decide between the kz zst x, kz zsn pro, qkz vk4, kbear ks2, Signature Acoustics Ocean(http://signatureacoustics.com/sa-ocean-fe-01-wiredbluetooth-earphone-with-deep-bass/) and the blon bl03. Looking for good, clear and concise mids. What sucks about most budget iem's is that they always go for that v-shape and just kill those mids. I feel like mids are very important for the music to sound full. What do you guys think? Kinda leaning towards the signature acoustics but i feel like it just hasn't been benchmarked enough

Edit- currently using the soundmagic e-10c's

Last edited:
Oct 16, 2020 at 11:23 PM Post #4 of 5
I'm looking for some budget iem's for listening to rock music. I am currently trying to decide between the kz zst x, kz zsn pro, qkz vk4, kbear ks2, Signature Acoustics Ocean(http://signatureacoustics.com/sa-ocean-fe-01-wiredbluetooth-earphone-with-deep-bass/) and the blon bl03. Looking for good, clear and concise mids. What sucks about most budget iem's is that they always go for that v-shape and just kill those mids. I feel like mids are very important for the music to sound full. What do you guys think? Kinda leaning towards the signature acoustics but i feel like it just hasn't been benchmarked enough

Edit- currently using the soundmagic e-10c's

Edit - I just saw your budget so neither of my suggests will probably work, though they are great!

My favorite are either the KZ ZSX (Terminator) or KZ ZAX if you can swing it. The ZAX might just have the most accurate (slightly mids forward) out of all my IEMs. I've got the KBear Diamonds (not the ks2) and those are a tad v-shaped, but only on the low mids.

I've got three KZ IEMs - ZS10 Pro, ZSX, ZAX; and I love each one even though they have different signatures.

Last edited:
Oct 17, 2020 at 4:54 AM Post #5 of 5
Edit - I just saw your budget so neither of my suggests will probably work, though they are great!

My favorite are either the KZ ZSX (Terminator) or KZ ZAX if you can swing it. The ZAX might just have the most accurate (slightly mids forward) out of all my IEMs. I've got the KBear Diamonds (not the ks2) and those are a tad v-shaped, but only on the low mids.

I've got three KZ IEMs - ZS10 Pro, ZSX, ZAX; and I love each one even though they have different signatures.
Ahhh unfortunately neither of those are available but I appreciate the suggestions!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back