budget headphones for running that won't make me go running home for better headphones?
Mar 7, 2012 at 4:40 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

doxology

Head-Fier
ok so i am looking for a decent budget set of headphones for running, jogging, working out, that don't cause me to go running for one of my better sets of headphones. i am looking for something that is comfortable and at least has decent sound  that doesn't make it sound like every single footstep i take is originating from some thunderous place inside my skull. suggestions? less than $30 is what i am looking to spend. like i said they don't need to be perfect but i need to not hate them. 

Mar 7, 2012 at 4:58 PM Post #2 of 7
The JVC FXC51 are good buy under this budget and they sound detailed with above average isolation.

Mar 7, 2012 at 5:18 PM Post #4 of 7
koss ksc75

Mar 7, 2012 at 5:24 PM Post #5 of 7
yeah i have owned 5 pairs of ksc75's and while i love them the cords keep shorting out on my and it is usually cheaper to buy a new set then send them back even though they have the lifetime warranty. that was actually the last pair of headphones i used for this purpose. though they slid around on my ears more than i would have liked.

Mar 7, 2012 at 5:36 PM Post #6 of 7
if you don't mind a bit of isolation, the JVC HAS160($13) headphone is great for the price. It is very compact and closed supraaural, so it doesn't isolate well. It still probably isolates too well to use if running through areas with car traffic.

The Koss Sportapro for under $20 sounds almost exactly the same as the Portapro. It is a convertible, as the headband rotates to be worn behind the neck or over the head.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back