Budget dual-mode wired/wireless earbuds?
Apr 13, 2019 at 10:19 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

Griffinhart

500+ Head-Fier
So I like using wireless earbuds when I'm commuting - walking around or riding public transit, that sort of thing, listening to stuff on my smartphone.

However, I also need to use wired-only audio on occasion (mostly work-related, which I can't get into).

I was using a pair of VAVA MOOV 28 wireless earbuds for the former purpose, but they got lost (protip: secure your stuff before getting smashed out of your gourd). At work, I use a pair of those garbage Apple earbuds that literally cannot stay in my ears no matter how much I fiddle with them (and yes, I made sure to left/right) for the latter purpose.

So I'm wondering if it's possible to find a decent pair of earbuds that can serve in both roles - something with Bluetooth connectivity when I want to ditch the cable (or, say, go running), but also supports 3.5mm for devices that lack Bluetooth connectivity (or for when I find it too much of a hassle to swap device pairing around).

I definitely want to keep the price low - sub-100USD, sub-50 would be even better - and I'm not too much of a stickler for sound quality for this scenario. Again, these are being used in fairly noisy, or at least busy, environments where I'm not sitting down to relax for a few hours, and being driven from just a smartphone (or equivalent) - I'm not packing up a DAC/amp (even a portable one, which I do have) every morning for work (and I have other gear for at-home audiophilia). If anything, my second-greatest concern (after cost) is fit and noise reduction - I liked the VAVA MOOV 28s specifically because they fit pretty well with minimal fiddling and had really good noise reduction, and I absolutely loathe the Apple earbuds because they garbage at both of those things.

Thanks in advanced for any input.

-- Griffinhart

Users who are viewing this thread

Back