Budget DAC to replace fiio e10k
Dec 31, 2018 at 11:54 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

Aekm

New Head-Fier
I have a fiio e10k for my gaming PC setup, that is hooked up to a set of Klipsch Pro Media 2.1. Unfortunately my MB pops and crackles when I use the onboard audio, that's why I bought the DAC.

I was suggested the Micca OriGen G2 as a replacement, and I was just looking for other suggestions. Hoping to pay less than $200

Dec 31, 2018 at 3:16 PM Post #2 of 9
I've heard that the SMSL M2 is really great. Doesn't have a high and low gain switch, but if you aren't trying to drive anything about 150ohms, it should be more than adequate. Here is a link to a review by Z Reviews:

I personally don't own one so I can't attest to how good it sounds.

Dec 31, 2018 at 3:24 PM Post #3 of 9
The new Fiio K3 maybe? First reviews look promising.
Or the Q1 Mark II if you like it to be portable as well.
Both in the $ 100,- price range.

Dec 31, 2018 at 3:48 PM Post #4 of 9
I have a fiio e10k for my gaming PC setup, that is hooked up to a set of Klipsch Pro Media 2.1. Unfortunately my MB pops and crackles when I use the onboard audio, that's why I bought the DAC.

I was suggested the Micca OriGen G2 as a replacement, and I was just looking for other suggestions. Hoping to pay less than $200
Why not just keep using the E10K as the DAC for the Klipsch Pro Media 2.1?

Or for a good bang for the buck DAC ($40-$70).
https://hifimediy.com/DACs/ready-made-dacs?sort=p.price&order=ASC

Jan 1, 2019 at 4:28 AM Post #5 of 9
Jan 2, 2019 at 11:51 PM Post #6 of 9
I'm currently looking at the Topping NX4 which is getting a lot of buzz right now and rightly so. i have the NX2 which is just a Headphone amp but it's great. NX4 has lots going for it, great specs.

I'll be honest, I was never a huge fan of the e10k. It had decent power but very coloured sound... I prefer my Sabaj DA3

Jan 3, 2019 at 11:17 AM Post #7 of 9
Thanks, I'll look at the Topping NX4 as well.

Edit: going to buy the Topping and FiiO K3, to see which one I like best. Will gift the other one.

Thanks again everyone.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back