budget DAC needed for lcd2`s (temporary)
Mar 18, 2012 at 4:37 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

darren700

500+ Head-Fier
So here is my situation: I have decided that the audio-gd nfb-10se is not for me. The DAC section was good but I did not care for the amp section (it was bested by an objective 2). I have now sold the nfb10se. I'm pretty sure my replacement Dac is going to be a Audiolab MDAC, however they are on backorder for 3 months so I need a temporary DAC setup.

I was orignally planning this for my temporary setup:

Audio-gd Digital Interface With PSU ---> ibasso d10 --> obective 2 --> lcd2v2

however I am thinking that the single w8740 in the d10 will not do the lcd2`s justice in the meantime.

what DAC under $200 would you guys recommend that would sound good with the lcd2s and would sell for sure in the classifieds when I replace it with the mdac? Any suggestions are welcomed. Thanks

Mar 19, 2012 at 6:24 PM Post #3 of 8
3 months wait is nothing. Hifi is a hobby. I personally won't bother spending the coin with a d10 at hand. If you had nothing, then it might be worth picking up a used DAC but being that you have something, you'll be fine. 

Mar 20, 2012 at 6:02 AM Post #4 of 8
I just packed up my nfb-10se and did some testing with d10 and o2, definately noticed a veil comapired to the nfb10se dac, I am still planning a temp dac, considering the nfb3.1 right now.

Mar 20, 2012 at 7:56 PM Post #7 of 8
because i do not enjoy my rig with the D10 as the DAC, all can think is man this sounds no where near as good as the DAC in the NFB-10SE.
so much so that i am now using my D2000's over the LCD2's as they are a bit more forgiving with this setup.

also i can either sell the DAC or use it in my hometheater for when i want dedicated 2 channel listening.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back