Budget Bass Open Back
May 15, 2017 at 12:32 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

TonyD45

New Head-Fier
Good Morning,

Looking for a recommendation for a bass-head budget (under 200, preferred under 100) open back headphones. I realize there are already several threads along these same lines, but most of them are quite dated. Appreciate any responses, thank you.

May 15, 2017 at 4:44 PM Post #2 of 5
I realize it is not a true basshead can, but the X2 has a nice bass emphasis and is a solid overall performer. One can be had used for around $200 or sometimes a bit less. Another that is also not a true basshead can is the DT990, which has a very nice bass emphasis as well. Hard to find true 'basshead' cans in open in this price range. Maybe read about these and see what you think .It's possible one could work for you.

May 15, 2017 at 8:10 PM Post #3 of 5
Usually basshead and open backs don't usually go together.

May 16, 2017 at 12:26 AM Post #4 of 5
Good Morning,

Looking for a recommendation for a bass-head budget (under 200, preferred under 100) open back headphones. I realize there are already several threads along these same lines, but most of them are quite dated. Appreciate any responses, thank you.

Loudest bass you can get off an open back would be the X2. Still not "basshead" headphones if you mean the headphone equivalent of a Cadillac with four 12in Audiobahn subwoofaz banging bass all ovah da hood the other gang members will hear it from six blocks away.

Best you can get is the semi-open Superlux HD330, but it has treble peaks that the X2 doesn't have.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back