Budget amp.
Dec 23, 2005 at 8:09 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

legcramp

1000+ Head-Fier
Hey guys time for me to grab an amp.. waiting for the govibe4.. BUT

I want an amp that would tighten the bass a bit and give better clarity.

I am thinking Govibe4 when it comes out... but what about the pa2v2's?

Also, (stupid head-fi) I might invest in better cans later on... maybe a pair of HD580's or something too.. keep that in mind.

Dec 24, 2005 at 12:12 AM Post #2 of 8
Hi, back from school but no replies! ugh!

Dec 24, 2005 at 1:44 AM Post #3 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by aZn_plyR

You want tighter bass and more clarity... relative to what? IE... what are you amping out of right now? I ask because some hifi receivers and older Yamaha preamps have VERY robust headphone circuits. So, in those cases it might even be an underwhelming downgrade switching to an dedicated amp.

What cans are you using?

I like my millet with my Grados... Still searcning for an amp for my HD580 though.

Garrett

Dec 24, 2005 at 1:48 AM Post #4 of 8
Can you guys see me sig below my post? or is it not showing...

anyways right now I am running things off an audigy 2 zs with hd485/xd400/ probably ksc-35's later when ebay has them.

the hd580's would be for next year.

Dec 24, 2005 at 2:01 AM Post #5 of 8
I'll say get the go-vibe. The pocket amp has a wamer signature, and there's already enough bass with that HD485 you have. You might want to by some of the opamp upgrades with the govibe. There's a few threads that you can find with search that details what you can expect with the different attributes of the different opamps ... but I'm too lazy to look for them for you.
icon10.gif

Dec 24, 2005 at 2:37 AM Post #6 of 8
used to have HD485 with PA2V2. would say no different I noticed for this combination.
But for KSC75, I feel an improvement with PA2V2.

Dec 24, 2005 at 4:08 AM Post #8 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by aZn_plyR
Hey guys time for me to grab an amp.. waiting for the govibe4.. BUT

I am thinking Govibe4 when it comes out... but what about the pa2v2's?

Go-vibe has opamp rolling capability, PA2V2 doesn't... for me, that would be more than enough reason to get the go-vibe, although PA2 has more convenience-oriented features. Also, PA2V2 uses input and output capacitors (no good for sound generally), Go-Vibe doesn't.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back