Buddy Holly: am i the only one here that likes it?
Jul 29, 2005 at 7:30 PM Post #16 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by bjjp2
This theory overlooks the fact that Elvis was, at least in his younger days, one of the most good-looking and charismatic entertainers who ever lived, while Buddy Holly was, er, not.

don't kill my buzz, man.
tongue.gif

Jul 29, 2005 at 7:34 PM Post #17 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by VicAjax
my theory is that, had buddy holly lived, elvis would have been an also-ran while buddy would be revered today as the greatest american rocker.

I'll subscribe to that theory

Jul 29, 2005 at 7:44 PM Post #18 of 22
I'm with you, man! I love Buddy Holly. In fact, it was Buddy Holly's music which got me into music in the first place (and I'm only 32). 80s music has never done it for me--except for a chosen few artists--it was the music of the 50s that caught my interest first. From that starting point I expanded my music collection in a roughly chronological fashion. As my first musical love, Buddy Holly will always have a special place in my collection.

Apr 16, 2006 at 8:21 PM Post #19 of 22
I got Buddy Holly Gold recently and am absolutely loving it... quite a departure from what I usually listen to, but this guy is a genius!
340smile.gif

Apr 17, 2006 at 2:20 AM Post #20 of 22
When younger people today listen to and like Buddy Holly, that's a tribute to the man and his music. Since it stands the test of time and spans generations, it never died.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back