Buckminster Fuller Vs Einstein, cage match...
Feb 4, 2009 at 6:42 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 17

cash68

1000+ Head-Fier
This topic stems from a conversation I was having with a friend.

"I like to think of him (Buckminster Fuller) as the engineer/designer version of Einstein. Einstein was all theory and particles... a true badass scientist type. Bucky was a rebel designer/engineer/badass. Both were brilliant in their own respective fields. Actuallyit'd be cool to see those two fight"

So.... if you had to place bets, who'd you put the money on?

Feb 4, 2009 at 11:55 PM Post #6 of 17
Of course the cage would be a buckyball. In a physical fight, Bucky all the way. He seems like he was healthier to me. In a physics fight (see what I did there?) Einstein all the way. Intuitive leaps like those of Einstein have really only been seen one or two times in science. (Newton, anyone? How in the world did he connect the forces holding the moon in place and making objects fall to earth? amazing in his time.)

Also, I would like to add that i have a t-shirt with a glow in the dark buckyball on it.

Feb 5, 2009 at 11:14 AM Post #9 of 17
Einstein and Edison are both over rated. Albert gave us relativity and the basis for nuclear bombs. Tom tried to saddle us with an inferior DC electrical grid. No, thank you. Science and technology both took a wrong turn many years ago. Give me Testla and the Buck man.

Feb 5, 2009 at 4:50 PM Post #11 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by crazyfrenchman27 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Are you kidding me?

Einstein by a billion points!

~Matt

Do you know much about Bucky? He wasn't a theorist, he was a futurist. His ideas were just as insane and crazy, but in a different direction.

Feb 5, 2009 at 8:55 PM Post #13 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lazarus Short /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Albert gave us relativity and the basis for nuclear bombs.

After reading "Making of the Atomic Bomb" I feel the need to write a 3 page essay correcting your wrongness. Luckily the need doesn't over-ride making some food in a second.

I would say Albert. You guys know how hard he fought Quantum Theory? Tooth and nail that battle was...

Feb 5, 2009 at 9:18 PM Post #14 of 17
Al FTW

Feb 6, 2009 at 1:01 AM Post #15 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Strangelove /img/forum/go_quote.gif
After reading "Making of the Atomic Bomb" I feel the need to write a 3 page essay correcting your wrongness.

I would say Albert. You guys know how hard he fought Quantum Theory? Tooth and nail that battle was...

Well, if I am wrong about the bomb thing, that's OK, I have other unkind things I can say about him, but will refrain.
wink.gif

As for Relativity vs Quantum Theory, what if QT was correct after all? Or what if they were both wrong?? A third grand theory has arrived on the scene, but is not well known as yet...
ph34r.gif

Laz

Users who are viewing this thread

Back