"Bruno": Good or bad?
Aug 12, 2009 at 6:40 PM Post #31 of 44
Quote:

Originally Posted by saintalfonzo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You can't judge Borat by the first 15 minutes, but a lot of people did. I thought Borat was classic and didn't enjoy Bruno at all, with the exception of a few funny moments. The whole shock value thing gets old, and the movie felt a bit like a test to see how many dongs you could stand to look at.

I actually watched it, but only paid attention to the first 15 or 20 minutes. Dreck. The first 15 or 20 minutes was probably the best part. If I want funny, I'll watch something that is actually entertaining and humorous, like Young Frankenstein, Airplane, etc., that I can recall and smile about instead of cringe.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Graphicism /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Borat is on TV already?

Not on mine.

No, I borrowed it from someone at work, thankfully, I didn't buy it, even used.

Aug 13, 2009 at 9:41 AM Post #33 of 44
Brilliant film.

Aug 13, 2009 at 9:46 AM Post #34 of 44
Felt like straight shock value the whole way through to me. Borat was much funnier IMO and actually had some thought put into it.

Aug 13, 2009 at 5:40 PM Post #38 of 44
It's all been seen in Finland and I figure it wasn't such a shock in Europe as it was in the states.. I personally didn't find it as funny as its obvious reference movie, Borat. But I did find the helicopter part funny.

Aug 14, 2009 at 12:37 AM Post #40 of 44
Am I the only one who thinks Ali G was funnier than both?

Feb 6, 2010 at 6:49 PM Post #42 of 44
When my daugher and friend snuck into the theater (they're 16) the bolted about 20 minutes later! Serves them right! I just watched this last night and now I know why. However, having seen Borat, I was prepared for the grossness and nothing really phased me in the movie. In fact, I laughed my way through it. Laughed hard. I'm surprised Sasha B. Cohen hasnt been killed yet! That guy has some guts when it comes to pissing people off. I went hysterical when he tried to get into the hunter's tent naked saying "A bear ate all my clothes except for this condom". Way too funny, but I was also terrified that he was going to get a bullet in the head. Also hilarious was trying to seduce Sen. Ron Paul! Cohen is just outrageous!

Feb 6, 2010 at 11:16 PM Post #43 of 44
Same age as your daughter, but I stayed through the whole show (or fiasco?). I thought this was rather subpar compared to Borat, but of course, when you start comparing movies to Cohen's Borat...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back