Brooklyn Meet
Jun 22, 2011 at 4:51 PM Post #19 of 120

Quote:
I can do either of those dates. I'll be bringing what's in my signature (minus the Concerto) with a laptop. Dev's an RME Babyface owner too, high five!

Yea, I'm definitely an RME fanboy a bit lol.  I completely forgot to mention this, but just as fair warning, two things:

First off, we have two cats, and it's a giant, single room loft, so there's no way to sequester them.  So if you are not a fan of the feline, this is probably not the meet for you unfortunately.
Second, it is a walk-up, and we are on the fourth floor.  I will be around obviously the whole day (figuring we'll go roughly 10-5 or so, though I'm certainly not going to kick anyone out or anything until it starts to get to 1 in the morning or something, so feel free to roll in whenever is good for you), and I'd be more than happy to help anyone get anything up or down stairs, but just to throw it out there.

So far I'm leaning towards the 13th if that works for people.  Can't wait to see you all here!

Jun 22, 2011 at 4:56 PM Post #20 of 120

Quote:
Yea, I'm definitely an RME fanboy a bit lol.  I completely forgot to mention this, but just as fair warning, two things:

First off, we have two cats, and it's a giant, single room loft, so there's no way to sequester them.  So if you are not a fan of the feline, this is probably not the meet for you unfortunately.
Second, it is a walk-up, and we are on the fourth floor.  I will be around obviously the whole day (figuring we'll go roughly 10-5 or so, though I'm certainly not going to kick anyone out or anything until it starts to get to 1 in the morning or something, so feel free to roll in whenever is good for you), and I'd be more than happy to help anyone get anything up or down stairs, but just to throw it out there.

So far I'm leaning towards the 13th if that works for people.  Can't wait to see you all here!

13th works for me.  

Jun 22, 2011 at 5:57 PM Post #22 of 120
how's parking in the area?

Jun 22, 2011 at 8:55 PM Post #24 of 120

Quote:
Right now I can be there for either, I'll also ask JH if we can get the universal 3a demo kit for the event. The 3a with the Halide Bridge just flat out rocks!

That would be AWESOME.  I've been strongly considering getting a 3A for a while now...

Jun 23, 2011 at 12:46 AM Post #27 of 120
So I completely messed up the no-go date - 13th is actually off, but the 6th would be good.  Let me know if that's workable.  Sorry!

Jun 23, 2011 at 7:22 AM Post #28 of 120
either 7/30 or 8/6 work for me at the moment, the 30th Paul Motian Septet is playing at the Village Vanguard so it could be a fun after show event. It might be great to see what else is around those Saturdays for live music. There are a few great Brooklyn spots as well. I know not all would be able to spend the day geeking out to headphones and then out to a live show but it works well in Florida and is part and parcel with their meets (just a thought)

Jun 23, 2011 at 12:40 PM Post #30 of 120

Quote:
either 7/30 or 8/6 work for me at the moment, the 30th Paul Motian Septet is playing at the Village Vanguard so it could be a fun after show event. It might be great to see what else is around those Saturdays for live music. There are a few great Brooklyn spots as well. I know not all would be able to spend the day geeking out to headphones and then out to a live show but it works well in Florida and is part and parcel with their meets (just a thought)

Man...that'll be a killer show.  Paul Motian is ridiculous.  I'll check the sets at the Standard and Iridium and such as well - I'm definitely a Jazz guy, so that's what I know.  Theoretically, my brother and I could put on a free show up on the roof if people would be interested.  My brother's a hotshot young pianist - won awards from Downbeat, NFAA, ASCAP, pretty much you name it - and I'm sure he'd be cool with doing a little set with me.  Could be fun - a Head-Fi exclusive :)

Parking in the area is very easy - there's almost always street parking, and there are several garages within a few block radius.  Sorry about the confusion on the date - so it is either 7/30 or 8/6.  I'll try to take a read of what works for the most people and do that - my apologies if anyone can't make it, I'll be sure to do another one soon if this one's successful!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back