broken ue triple fi 10: fix,sale or reshell
Mar 30, 2014 at 3:48 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 20

ThatKidGio19

New Head-Fier
I have a pair of ultimate ue tf10 that I bought over a year ago. One day while sitting outside the right monitor cable broke and one of the pins got stuck inside. All the components inside still work the only bad thing being the broken pin. I would either like to sell them or reshell them. I cant post pics from mobile.

Apr 1, 2014 at 3:46 AM Post #3 of 20
If some of the broken pins still sticking above the socket some have been able to use the sharp edge of a box cutter blade, dig it into the pins side and lever it up with a turning/levering motion. If it isn't above the socket then another member I knew cut right into the side of the plastic socket to expose some of the pin. Then see example A again to remove it. Why did these people take such drastic measures? Because the simple answer is there's no easy way to fix the problem and we see cases here often.

You do all this at your own risk, head-fi.org take no responsibility for any damages. :p

Apr 1, 2014 at 6:10 PM Post #9 of 20
You should really consider reshelling at Inearz for $95 - you won't get a better set of cans for the price - and you already have the TF10's.

IMHO

Apr 1, 2014 at 7:46 PM Post #13 of 20
Im sorry but I ended the listing and have decided to get them reshelled

+1 Bravo!!!

Today I got my W4R, TF10, and JH16 reshells in the mail.... damned happy I did it.

(pics or it didn't happen?) 
biggrin.gif

Apr 1, 2014 at 8:27 PM Post #15 of 20
Not really a difference in sound per se, but better dynamics - a better version of a TF10 - bass is punchier, highs clearer - midrange not as recessed - plus the ability to move around without having to adjust the bastards - I have always loved the sound - but the ergonomics are atrocious. I could only really enjoy them sitting in front of my computer - now I can take them anywhere - I even bought a backup pair for if these ever give out (they don't usually)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back