Broken speaker sound
Feb 4, 2018 at 8:25 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

thegen

Head-Fier
I have a set of Grado PS500e's that I bought new recently. I listen to alot of Iron Maiden and bought a couple of remastered albums in lossless. What worries me is that they sometimes sound like broken speakers. Like when squeezing an empty candy bag in lack of better explanation. Some other songs from other musicians can have clicking sounds here and there and other "artifacts"

Is it just the songs or could it be my headphones? I've checked and there is no hair or anything else touching the speakers

Feb 4, 2018 at 9:48 AM Post #2 of 4
Please provide a link to a YouTube video or another source we can listen to, and the time where you hear this artifact.

There are more flaws in some professional recordings than you might expect. You probably won't notice them on earbuds or your car stereo, but HiFi equipment can reveal things both good and had that you wouldn't hear otherwise.

I think it's unlikely there's a problem with your headphones. It's unlikely that both channels would have the same fault, and if it were only one channel that's bad, it should be easy to tell that there is something different about that channel vs the good one.

Feb 4, 2018 at 10:09 AM Post #3 of 4
Try to isolate the issue. Do you hear this sound more on one side than the other? If this is the case, then try switching left and right wires going into your amp, connect red rca wire to white, and white to red. If the sound then goes to the other side, you have confirmed that the problem is with the source and not your headphones. If the problem stays on the same side, then it is not the source, but could potentially be your amp. In this case try another amp, or plugin another headphone to the same amp, some cheap earbuds if you got them.

Feb 4, 2018 at 10:49 AM Post #4 of 4
I'll try to find some samples on Youtube. Though I've rewinded the songs just before I hear these noises and they're always at the same time during the song. So probably just glitches in the songs I assume?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back