Broken Social Scene - highly recommended
Jun 17, 2003 at 5:16 AM Post #16 of 17
Can't really compare it to anything I've ever heard - certainly not Doves, but to each his own.

I am in love, literally, with the song 'Anthems for a Seventeen-Year-Old Girl.' Just uplifting and cathartic. Sounds like something out of a Sigur Ros album, except in English.

Jun 17, 2003 at 3:25 PM Post #17 of 17
Quote:

Originally posted by Trounce
Can't really compare it to anything I've ever heard - certainly not Doves, but to each his own.

I am in love, literally, with the song 'Anthems for a Seventeen-Year-Old Girl.' Just uplifting and cathartic. Sounds like something out of a Sigur Ros album, except in English.

amen to that, it's just such a beautiful track. Saw them in all their glory last Thursday at Lee's (the full ensemble); we paid $40 a piece for $12 tickets, but it was so worth it. They're amazing live and, if anything, the chicks in the band soundly outshone the guys, especially Leslie Fiest...Stars were brilliant too, and as a bonus, The Apostle of Hustle, Leslie Fiest *and* Jason Collett played solo sets as well. BSS finished with about five encores....

- w

Users who are viewing this thread

Back