Broken SE530s - what to do????
Jan 16, 2013 at 9:47 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

clickclickw00t

Head-Fier
So I've had my SE530s that I purchased from a member on this forum for maybe about 2 years now. Definitely my favorite set of IEMs and I've tried a lot. We last week as I was putting them in my ear, the left earphone just broke!! I know it looks like a dog chewed it off or something but I swear the thing just snapped off. I'm quite upset and I don't know what to do from here. Contacted Shure and they said a replacement would be me basically paying $240 for a set of SE535s which I really don't want to upgrade to. Plus for $240 I could just buy a used set of these considering I paid $200 for them 2 years ago. My biggest question, is there anyone on these forums that knows how to fix these? I would gladly pay $100 to $150 to get an upgraded cable and get the housing fixed. 

I have a pair of SE425s that I'm using in the meantime. I just miss my 530s. They are definitely my favorite buds overall. SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME. Thanks!

Feb 24, 2013 at 6:10 AM Post #4 of 7
Sorry to bump this thread but the same thing happened to me (Right nozzle broke off). I contacted Shure Aus and they wanted to charge $317 for an out of warranty replacement. For that money I might as well upgrade to the SE535. Anyway just wonder what you ended up doing clickclickw00t? I'm still contemplating the idea of reshelling.

Sep 12, 2013 at 9:19 AM Post #6 of 7
Hahaa sorry about the late reply, I was going through some financial difficulty at the time, and I didn't have the money to pay UM 200+ for a reshell.. My shures are actually getting reshelled right now with Rob from Inearcustom

http://inearcustom.com/

He's a really cool guy and only charges $112, which is a killer deal. HE sends you the impression material and you make the impression yourself. I did mine in under 5 min.

Sep 12, 2013 at 4:42 PM Post #7 of 7
Funny same thing happened to me.  But my happened the day I got it.  Was taking off the grey sleeves to put some foam sleeves and the nozzle snapped.  But it was more of a clean snap so I super glued it.  But yours look kind of messy for super glue.  So far it's working.   You can try putting the yellow foam tips over the little nozzle you have left.
You would just have to adjust for the length on the other side.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back