Broken plug on Triple.fi 10 vi, what should I do?
May 11, 2010 at 6:13 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

calvinandhobbes

New Head-Fier
Hey Guys,
I bought a pair of triple fi 10 vis (iphone type) and they were amazing but the plug has gone bad. When every the plug or cord around the plug is jostled the audio goes crackly and often the left plug goes out. What should I do? I think I bought them about two months ago from an amazon seller on the marketplace. Should I try to get them RMAd or do I replace the plug, if so how can I do this and still retain the push button functionality for the iphone? Sorry if this is the wrong forum, please tell me where to post if it is. Thanks!

May 12, 2010 at 8:06 PM Post #4 of 9
When my TF10 cable got messed up I was pretty pissed. I ordered the JH16pro but its backlogged like a mother F'er, so it will b a while before I can be comfortable listening to music in the gym. The stupid Ipod buds fall out all the time.

May 18, 2010 at 6:32 PM Post #6 of 9
mine was a flipped resell on ebay and I was able to get a replacement cable, but I was also able to get a pdf copy of the original Amazon invoice from my seller.  try contacting your seller if they're willing to share that with you?  I've also heard misc stories of people here on Head-Fi that were able to get warranty service w/o the invoice altogether, but that may be CSR dependent so YMMV.  

doesn't hurt to try? :)

Quote:
Ive got the same problem. I wonder if other people that bought their TF10 third party (not through UE), could get a replacement cable under the 1 year warranty. And not have to buy a new one.

May 29, 2010 at 5:50 PM Post #9 of 9
sorta.. when I had mine replaced, I just resold the 10vi cables here at a slight loss to fund my Westone ES cable purchase.

TBH i'm doubting UE/logitech will do that for you though directly since the UE custom cables aren't compatible with the TF10s w/o modification (warranty void? lol)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back