Broken Hifiman He-400i & very bad support service experience
Mar 17, 2017 at 11:50 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 41

torta

100+ Head-Fier
Hello,

I bought HE400i very soon after release. I was pretty disappointed by the appearance of build quality from the start, but the sound was OK. After two years covers fell off from the pads - glue didn’t hold on more than two years?! I glued them back myself - no problem, but … I have paid 500$ for this kind of manufacturing?! I have Philips Fidelio - they are 200$ headphone, but it looks like twice the quality of Hifiman.
Now … after three years the plastic holder which holds the cups broke. I am light user and headphones sit on the table most of the time. Just like that … ping! 
I have contacted support to order replacement part and … they politely let me know they don’t sell replacement parts. Khm??!? Instead they offer a repair with the price tag if 80$!!!??? 

Part which is detachable and easily sendable via mail for probably 2$ shipping included, can not be obtained … but I can have a 80$ repair service. Thank you very much. I call that a rip - off company.

Please see attached photo … I would appreciate any input how to fix that. Super glue doesn’t hold.

Jun 11, 2017 at 7:20 PM Post #6 of 41
Hifiman has some of the worst customer service I have ever encountered in an audio company. Someone said it's a Chinese company - don't expect much. Their customer support is here in the US. There is no excuse for the lack of support. I for one will never buy anything from them again. I vote with my wallet.

Mar 16, 2018 at 11:52 AM Post #10 of 41
Thread bump .... lol

I have just bought a pair of 400i and after 1 week they have snapped in the same location but on both sides on 1 headphone and cracked on the other so will no doubt break very shortly even if I replaced the one side snapped already. Am awaiting a response thankfully purchased via Amazon :wink:

I have babied these in fact they have only just had their 150 hrs burn in so maybe used for 15 hours tops

I also have fedlio x2 and B&W p7s bought all for similar money and the build on those two is far superior but I prefer the sound of the 400i so we'll see how they respond :wink:

Mar 16, 2018 at 1:51 PM Post #11 of 41
Bump to notorize poor build quality of Hifimans. They need to respond to all the posts of yokes breaking for HE560 and the 400i. For how much people are paying for them, they shouldn't run into this given cheaper headphones has way better build quality.

Keep complain guys. They need to get their acts together.

Mar 18, 2018 at 8:31 AM Post #13 of 41
I messaged hifiman and to be fair they responded within a couple of hours and are shipping out a new headband. I’m concerned it will just happen again so am interested to see if anyone has managed to strengthen them to stop this occurring in the first place.

Mar 18, 2018 at 4:58 PM Post #14 of 41
I messaged hifiman and to be fair they responded within a couple of hours and are shipping out a new headband. I’m concerned it will just happen again so am interested to see if anyone has managed to strengthen them to stop this occurring in the first place.

I purchased a pair on amazon on 11th feb 2018 and the same break happend to me tonight, march 18th 2018. I've send an email to the seller on amazon and am awaiting reply. Can I ask were you purchased and if you did receive replacement phones or parts?

Thanks,

Mar 18, 2018 at 5:22 PM Post #15 of 41
Havent got the parts yet as they're not able to ship until Monday. I messaged them Friday they responded Friday ad then again to questions on Saturday. I messaged them via amazon and ordered these from here :
HIFIMAN UK

Users who are viewing this thread

Back