Broke my TF10s- any hope of fixing them?
May 17, 2010 at 8:55 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

eocthermos

New Head-Fier
In the process of trying to do the flip mod... well, the first side came out fine. The second popped off revealing a red and green wire that I don't think were ever intended for consumer eyes- see the photo (sorry for the crappy quality). I still can't get the plastic thingy off the wire... [edit- finally got it off, but that doesn't help me fix it :frowning2: ] and I'm a bit upset.

Any suggestions? Is this fixable, in any kind of cost effective way? I go to college in Chicago, if anyone knows a place that could help.

:frowning2:

-Thomas

May 17, 2010 at 10:03 PM Post #3 of 11
the best way is probably warranty and contact UE or the store that you bought it from.

May 17, 2010 at 10:15 PM Post #5 of 11
I'd contact UE for warranty and get a replacement.  The cables are suppose to be replaceable, so what you have done should not have voided any warranty.  I'd say UE wouldn't fight over a replacement.

May 17, 2010 at 10:30 PM Post #6 of 11
I seem to remember that the flip mod sanctioned by UE- right? Anyone have a link? I don't want them to gripe with why I was unplugging the cable.

I got one side off fine... so hopefully it will be clear that it wasn't my method that was a problem.

I'll contact UE tomorrow and see what they say.

Thanks, and any other thoughts are welcome.

May 18, 2010 at 3:13 PM Post #7 of 11
Thanks to everyone for the advice. They agreed it should not have happened and will be sending a replacement once I return these to them.

Sorry, SpasticTeapot, no parts for you ;(

May 18, 2010 at 4:28 PM Post #8 of 11
HA!  I hate myself now.  I've always been curious what the whole deal was with the "Flip Mod", so after reading your efforts, I figured I'd try it.  Well, same thing happened to me.  R came out fine, L came out with the wires.  Time for me to call UE.

May 18, 2010 at 4:40 PM Post #9 of 11
Hmmmm.....or should I take this as an opportunity to get custom Fisher Audio molds since that would void the warranty anyway?  Looks like I have some thinking to do before I contact UE (I think Fisher Audio would have replaced the wires/etc anyway.  May need to contact them and see.).

EDIT:  I mean Fisher Hearing (not Audio)

May 18, 2010 at 5:04 PM Post #10 of 11
Or you can get them by UM and have it made into a 6 or 8 driver custom. I was originally going to do that with my TF10 but I didn't like it enough to be put into customs.

May 18, 2010 at 9:24 PM Post #11 of 11

Quote:
Or you can get them by UM and have it made into a 6 or 8 driver custom. I was originally going to do that with my TF10 but I didn't like it enough to be put into customs.

A thought I was also considering, but since I want to grab a pair of full size cans, I called Logitech and decided an RMA is better for my wallet.  Now I can buy a pair of HD555s or 595s, ATH-M50s, ATH-AD700s, or MS1i's.  Still learning on the full size cans and now need to weigh the pros/cons on these that are in my price range.  

Then I'll just use the TF10s for portability and office (until I can get my workers not to look at me weird in full size cans :).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back