Broke in my car and stole things but..
Dec 18, 2011 at 2:41 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 52

cantsleep

Headphoneus Supremus
someone broke in my car and took my iphone, wallet, earphones, and stuff.
well, thats nothing new but here is the thing.

i tracked my iphone and i got the exact address, residential area.
reported and still waiting. but is there anything i can do?
i know its not wise to visit the location although i really want to do so.

stopped all my credit cards and will report to insurance company tomorrow.
will fix the car and go to dmv for a replacement driver's license.
am i missing something?

Dec 18, 2011 at 2:45 PM Post #2 of 52
Oh that sucks I hope you get your things back.  I think I would have confronted them.  When you locate your phone it should sound.  Check again whats the location.  They might have turned it off...Then what..?  Hopefully your phone wasn't wiped and had a lock on it so they couldn't just go into the MobileMe and erase the account or turn off the MobileMe...

Dec 18, 2011 at 2:51 PM Post #3 of 52
there were at the same location since 11:30pm to very very late(like 4am)
and then, it's off. i guess the battery died.

i drove by around 1am and the lights were on.
they spent a lot, with my cards, at walmart so i guess they were having fun with their purchases.
called 911 and the officer told me to leave immediately when i told them that im near the location.
just got the address and the license plated number, just in case.

Dec 18, 2011 at 2:59 PM Post #5 of 52
Go there and break their faces....dont waste time,then they will sell it,and your only evidence is gone...

Dec 18, 2011 at 4:22 PM Post #8 of 52
Haha ya.  I did that right before my surgery for my ACL and lateral meniscus.  The surgery was caused from sports but I'm recuperating now just hit the 6th month from surgery on June 1st this past summer.  495lbs to be exact weight isn't the heaviest I've done but I'm getting older and I don't want to mess up my back.  

Quote:
5hrs

i didnt get to cancel one tho. i have the statements at work.
i usually use it for my work. i should do it tomorrow when i go to work.

5 plate deadlift?  

Dec 18, 2011 at 7:19 PM Post #9 of 52
Since they have all your info I would keep an eye on your credit report.I had a instance of identity theft .
I had to file with the FTC,FBI,police report.2weeks of hell had to close all my accounts & open new ones.
I also subscribed to protect My Id .com to watch for any instances of identity theft.
I also had to freeze my credit reports with the 3 major credit agencys.
Hope it doesn't come to that.

Dec 19, 2011 at 7:53 PM Post #10 of 52
I'm sorry to hear that.

Up until this summer I wasn't in the habit of locking my car frequently, and someone decided to get into it when I wasn't around. I had my aftermarket head unit and iPod Classic right out in the open. Strangely, they didn't go for either of those, and opened up my center console to take my crap GPS that I barely use.

I hope everything turns out alright for you.

Dec 19, 2011 at 9:29 PM Post #11 of 52

Quote:
I'm sorry to hear that.

Up until this summer I wasn't in the habit of locking my car frequently, and someone decided to get into it when I wasn't around. I had my aftermarket head unit and iPod Classic right out in the open. Strangely, they didn't go for either of those, and opened up my center console to take my crap GPS that I barely use.

I hope everything turns out alright for you.

i love that, kinda happened to me. take the things i don't care. :)
went in for the power equipment but left all the more expensive mobile fixtur3es there

Dec 19, 2011 at 9:36 PM Post #12 of 52

Quote:
Go there and break their faces....dont waste time,then they will sell it,and your only evidence is gone...

Thats probably one of the worst suggestions ive ever seen on a forum. Dont go near their house again, dont confront them. If you do, $1 says youll get charged with harassment, stalking, and if you confront them, assault. 

Doing what used to be the right thing these days can often backfire dramatically, and can easily land you jail time.

Dec 19, 2011 at 9:56 PM Post #13 of 52

Quote:
Thats probably one of the worst suggestions ive ever seen on a forum. Dont go near their house again, dont confront them. If you do, $1 says youll get charged with harassment, stalking, and if you confront them, assault. 

Doing what used to be the right thing these days can often backfire dramatically, and can easily land you jail time.

It's sad that the victim would be the one that gets in trouble for defending himself

Users who are viewing this thread

Back