Brits PLEASE READ!
Oct 8, 2001 at 7:43 AM Post #17 of 21
While paying tribute to Tony Blair, it's important that we Americans spell his name right. BLAIR
biggrin.gif

An amusing note about our own (American) president. According to George W. "Airlines AND TICKET COUNTERS are in the air again across this great land..." LOL! Well, I guess we really should get to the airport(s) early, and wear some "Air Jordon's" as well if we're going to have to actually become AIRBORN in order to have our tickets checked! Fortunately President Bush seems to have a better handle on running the country than speaking the language!
rolleyes.gif

(Hint Mr. Pres: Want to REALLY pay tribute to the English? Learn to speak their language! Just a suggestion!) KIDDING!

Actually I'm sure the president will amuse us more than a few times in the coming months. And who couldn't use a smile about right now?!
biggrin.gif

Oct 8, 2001 at 8:14 AM Post #18 of 21
As A Brit I'd like to say thanks for that. I certainly hope that this conflict results in a positive outcome. Unlike Vietnam and other historical wars in this area of the world, it would appear that there is general support from all the important nations.

Over the years I have become dulled to events - what happened on Sept 11th has made an impact on me.

My thoughts go to the brave guys and gals out there doing the business.

Oct 9, 2001 at 8:43 AM Post #19 of 21
I'd like to say hi from a newbie and thank's but there is no way we'd just sit back and watch. Let's all pray that not too many more people have to die due to the actions of these terrorist scum.
Kinda put's life back into perspective IMO.
Peddler, where are you based m8, I'm in Carlby near Stamford which can't be far from you.(Scratch that, I've opened my eye's now, I used to be based at Binbrook near Grimsby when I was in the RAF)

Oct 9, 2001 at 4:23 PM Post #21 of 21
Quote:

Originally posted by Mike Walker
While paying tribute to Tony Blair, it's important that we Americans spell his name right. BLAIR

ouch, I was worried about that...
tongue.gif

hey speedyj, I know this is offtopic but that's a killer avatar! Floyd rules, baby!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back