qusp
PET-240
Prasser
Redcat2
slaw slaw

Go get more people!

Jan 11, 2012 at 10:16 PM Post #2 of 236
I'd like to come.

Hopefully, it'll be late Feb or thereafter.

Jan 13, 2012 at 10:43 PM Post #9 of 236
Headphones I'll bring are audio technica ad900 and esw9

I have a diy O2 finished and cased already so will bring that along too.

Just about to start embarking on a desktop diy build that will be an xmos based usb source into tp opus dac (dual mono) feeding a bal-se version of 'the wire' diy project. Its just a matter of getting my speaker/amplifier/dsp room correction project finished off by end of this month then I will get started on that though I already have most of the pcbs here or en-route, component procurement will be early Feb so I'll have maybe 2 months to get it all from prototype stage to in a case.

Someone has to give qusp some diy-excess competition (though mine may be less-excessive than his!)

Jan 13, 2012 at 11:00 PM Post #10 of 236
The closest thing to a fun toy I can bring along is my recently acquired Peachtree iNova with rosewood finish. Although the only headphones I own are my trusty Ultrasone Pro900's. 

Quote:
Yay more interest!

What fun toys will be coming along?

Jan 13, 2012 at 11:17 PM Post #11 of 236
I should be able to bring Brainwavz HM5s and FiiO E10 (which most likely I will get them before then).

Jan 14, 2012 at 12:38 AM Post #12 of 236
yeah i'll be there for sure, April/May sounds good, i just hope it isnt too close to the Sydney meet like a couple years ago (or was that last year lol); as they have theirs around then. i wont post a list now, i've also misplaced my HD600 =( no clue where they went. 

some variety of headphones, cables, sabre dacs and headphone amps will be coming with me though

plus this year i have the new mac mini, so no problems bringing a proper USB transport along

Jan 14, 2012 at 1:09 AM Post #13 of 236
Still not tracked down the hd600?! damn that really sucks!!

Probably a smarter move to not commit to a list when its still not built, I'll learn my lesson the hard way I suppose! I'm actually really keen to hear the difference between hiface/sabre dac and xmos/wolfson dac, since I've not heard any of the commercial stuff and jumped straight into diy I'm actually really looking forward to the day. I'll bring either a mbp or mackbook air along for usb transport as well.

Jan 14, 2012 at 2:02 AM Post #14 of 236
yeah still havent found them, i have a timeframe of somewhere between the week before Xmas and when you came over as a 'clue' as to what happened to them

nah i wont be using the hiface transport; titan PWNS it, i only hastily connected that m2tech->buffalo up to the D1IV for you, thus the dodgy p2p i2s wiring, due to using the ackodac on the bench for testing the SEN jfet current conveyer/IV. my stuff is in a constant state of flux, i almost never case things up properly.

but yes i finally learned my lesson announcing lists of gear that works on the bench but isnt cased up for the last time at the last sydney meet; especially considering the time it takes to case things up properly. i do wonder if i'll have the little LPUHP beasts ready though...fingers crossed.

ive been pretty badly distracted by poweramps and speaker projects for the last year too. i wish the bal-bal wire would bloody show up, especially since you got yours

Jan 14, 2012 at 2:51 AM Post #15 of 236
What is this titan as google isn't bringing up any decent results.

Quote:
yeah still havent found them, i have a timeframe of somewhere between the week before Xmas and when you came over as a 'clue' as to what happened to them

nah i wont be using the hiface transport; titan PWNS it, i only hastily connected that m2tech->buffalo up to the D1IV for you, thus the dodgy p2p i2s wiring, due to using the ackodac on the bench for testing the SEN jfet current conveyer/IV. my stuff is in a constant state of flux, i almost never case things up properly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back