Brisbane Meet - March 2011
Mar 11, 2011 at 6:34 AM Post #211 of 219
Hang on is the meet tomorrow?
ph34r.gif

Mar 12, 2011 at 8:34 AM Post #217 of 219
really enjoyed the meet today thanks guys, i didnt really chat to any people at the last meet and seemed like today everyone relaxed a bit with each other while the pizza just kept on coming and coming and coming, it was actually quite liberating not having much gear there and not worrying about it, well not much. enjoyed the lcd2 quite a lot, but need to wait till i finish my speakers to see if i really need them, or just want them. i feel they would make a nice upgrade to my hd600 and would be happy being run out of the input stage of one of the speaker amps i'm building. i just find i'm not doing that much headphone listening at home these days, so the portable rig stays primary and speakers will most likely be primary at home. i've culled my headphones to 3 pairs and would sell the 600's if i got the lcd2 i just gotta wonder if they are just a wannabe speaker with none, or at least not that many of the advantages of headphones

i found them to be similar in tone to the senns, but more open, fast and dynamic; basically like the hd600 wants to be and i think they will really sing out of a discrete solid state fet amp with ooodles of power to burn, didnt get a chance to see how well they do subtlety, thats ore something you learn at home, along with finding out if i could live with the fit

anyone up for a small diy meet once you guys are all done smoking that crack?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back