Brisbane, Australia meet [July]
May 13, 2010 at 12:29 AM Post #211 of 408
4 hours is not enough, having been to several meets. setting up and packing up will take about 1-1.5 hours and not everyone will turn up at exactly the starting time. I think an extra hour is definitely needed. as I said we can probably get them to set the tables up how we like to save that time and they will be responsible for cleaning, but all the same most of us will want things to be..just so.

May 13, 2010 at 3:54 AM Post #213 of 408
cool, got your PM mate. i'll send you an email or give you a call a bit later. I think you may have given me your email before, I cant remember but I couldnt find it when I looked. so I guess i'll call coem as well and see if he is up for putting a bit more in.

May 14, 2010 at 5:35 AM Post #216 of 408

Quote:
ok i'll wait for a couple more people to check in and agree and i'll give them a call to confirm a date. which we should probably start thinking about setting in stone.

@ Yukari, nice bling, are the JH5 just for knockaround use? wel next time you guys have a major meet coming up, drop me a line i'll see if I can make it. I have a few customers and friends in Melbourne I can catch up with too, plus I can write it off as a business expense :wink:

Yea, thou I should think JH13 sounds much better =P (probably I don't even need to comment on this point LOL)
I thinkus melbourian is suggesting another meet this year, not sure when yet. I just start the thread for that :
http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/491954/melbourne-head-fi-2nd-meet-2010

Tag along if you like =)
It would be nice to have you here too =)

Quote:
about that, generally from around lunch till late afternoon/early evening. so if I can talk them into giving us an extra hour, that should be about perfect. they only need someone there to greet us and open up for the first hour so we can get all set up. and if they can have the tables set up like we want, that will save a little time too

I wish I can find some kind of venue like this in Melb.....

Quote:
4 hours is not enough, having been to several meets. setting up and packing up will take about 1-1.5 hours and not everyone will turn up at exactly the starting time. I think an extra hour is definitely needed. as I said we can probably get them to set the tables up how we like to save that time and they will be responsible for cleaning, but all the same most of us will want things to be..just so.

Last time we planned for about 5-6 hours. But not quite enough I think LOL

May 15, 2010 at 2:14 AM Post #217 of 408
Hi all,

I'm a long time reader, first time poster, and quite interested in coming along if you will have me.

I can only offer to bring along:

- Grado rs1i's
- AKG k702's

However, as far as amps are concerned, I should have an ALO Amphora in my hands by the time of the meet :)

Cheers

May 15, 2010 at 3:00 AM Post #218 of 408

Quote:
Yea, thou I should think JH13 sounds much better =P (probably I don't even need to comment on this point LOL)
I thinkus melbourian is suggesting another meet this year, not sure when yet. I just start the thread for that :
http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/491954/melbourne-head-fi-2nd-meet-2010

Tag along if you like =)
It would be nice to have you here too =)

I wish I can find some kind of venue like this in Melb.....

Last time we planned for about 5-6 hours. But not quite enough I think LOL

cool, ok i'll keep an eye on i. when it gets a bit closer i'll see how i'm placed. the thing is though with the brissie and sydney meets coming up and in close proximity to each other, if yours is close to that I might be a bit headfi meet weary. would like to come though. 

yeah the venue is pretty good I reckon, I think our 5 hours will be just enough with them doing all the setup and cleanup, but yes its still a little borderline. time flys

yeah I would think the 13's sound better too. oh I might have a used JH13 upgrade cable you might be interested in. I have like 6 cables and its getting a bit silly hehe. I think i'll be happy with 4

May 15, 2010 at 3:19 AM Post #219 of 408
Hey guys.

I don't follow the forums much these days so when the location and date are finalised, could someone shoot me an email to let me know? :)

I would be more then happy to help out with any costs involved with the meet, it's great we can get an event like this organised!

John
COEM Audio
coem @ coemaudio.com.au

May 15, 2010 at 5:52 AM Post #220 of 408

Quote:
cool, ok i'll keep an eye on i. when it gets a bit closer i'll see how i'm placed. the thing is though with the brissie and sydney meets coming up and in close proximity to each other, if yours is close to that I might be a bit headfi meet weary. would like to come though. 

yeah the venue is pretty good I reckon, I think our 5 hours will be just enough with them doing all the setup and cleanup, but yes its still a little borderline. time flys

yeah I would think the 13's sound better too. oh I might have a used JH13 upgrade cable you might be interested in. I have like 6 cables and its getting a bit silly hehe. I think i'll be happy with 4

Ummm seems like a end of june meet in Melb might be it.
LOL
I will be happy to try the replacement cable.

May 15, 2010 at 5:57 AM Post #221 of 408
Rightio, just doing the last of hell [>20% assessment] until my final exams which happen on the 12-18 June in which I will disappear :p. I'll send COEM an email when we finally get things sorted. 

It would be sweet if Qusp could hook us up a deal some time next week. I'd rather put our deposit down to get things confirmed. As to getting there early, I'm happy to devote my entire day to setting up. I'll be there a few hours early just to make sure everything is set up as planned etc. 

I'm happy we are going to have you there Treble :)

May 15, 2010 at 6:52 AM Post #222 of 408
haha
Melb seems gonna have our 2nd meet in 2010, possibly in June. Anyone from Brisbane wanna join?

May 15, 2010 at 4:41 PM Post #224 of 408
nah yukari, maybe the next one. thats too close to the sydney and brisbane meets, I will have already taken too much time out and spent too much money to do it again. 

well its totally organized I told her we would sort out the deposit on monday or tuesday.if you want to pay the lot its fine, i'll give you a call later today mate, i'm going to bed now, been up all night. the food and coffee will be served in the foyer so as to be away from the gear. doesnt cost extra if you pay the full booking, its only if you dont have enough people to make up the 400 with 45 a head. so i'll call you late this arvo or early this evening

Users who are viewing this thread

Back