BRISBANE, AUST - THE DIGITAL LOSSLESS GATHERING part 0.1 (an IC)
Feb 19, 2008 at 1:23 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

KrooLism

500+ Head-Fier
'Lo All.

Been a while since I have visited Head-Fi.

Just doing an interest check to see if anyone would be keen on a meet in Brisbane with a focus on Lossless music and other high end musical sources and recordings.

I wouldn't go as far to say that no MP3's are permitted at this meet - but priority would certainly be given towards members with major lossless music collection and input.
It is my firm belief that the differences in cables, tweaks and other minor hardware related topics is totally irrelevant when the originating source of the music data is a crappy 192 mp3.

I for one can contribute DAC1, DA-10, Grace M902 and about 55 gigs of lossless music just waiting for decode'n.
Some of my headphones can include RS-1, HD-650, K-701, ER4-S, K-1000, PS-1, HD-25.

Please respond to this thread if there are any parties interested.

Mar 9, 2008 at 10:53 AM Post #3 of 11
I'm definitely interested, and know of 3 other people who are also keen
smily_headphones1.gif

(wow Aleph plus K1000!!!)

Mar 16, 2008 at 3:58 AM Post #4 of 11
I'd like to go but I'm not sure if I can really contribute much gear (but a fair bit of lossless) to this meet. I am interested in hearing some of the more expensive gear at the meet(more specifically the k-1000 and the ps-1).

Apr 2, 2008 at 8:24 PM Post #5 of 11
I'd like to come along, if you'll have me, however my home setup is more modest than you'd think. I'm sure I could pull something out though, especially if anyone's interested in trying the new AKG range.

Edit: Howdy John!

Apr 14, 2008 at 2:24 PM Post #6 of 11
I'm keen (and apparently quite slow...). Currently weighing in at 65gig of music, the vast majority of which is lossless.

I can only really offer a swag of half finished DIY gear: uncased MilletMax, DAC-301 and if you're lucky, a Bijou and some implementation of JISBOS buffers.

Phones: Grado SR-80s, 225s, AKG 240s and a pair of VSonic RO2-Pro.

I'd be semi-keen to hear a pair of 701's...only semi because I have a feeling its going to be the telegraph pole that broke the camel's back...

May 9, 2008 at 9:17 AM Post #10 of 11
I'll be in Brisbane in about two weeks for about a month. It would be nice to go to my first meet, still new to head-fi. Been using limewire all my life and was always ps'd off at the quality. Didnt know you could rip cds into higher qualities until i saw this forum. It would definitely be cool to observe the differences between formats.

And while i'm there i could probably steal some 55gigs of music as well if you dont mind,
tongue.gif

Jun 21, 2008 at 1:17 PM Post #11 of 11
I'm a Gold Coaster interested in a trip to Brisbane to catch up. I could bring my portable 250GB USB Hard Drive with 25GB of FLAC music.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back