Bringing the Bose lolz
Jan 5, 2009 at 9:52 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

scootermafia

MOT: Double Helix Cables
IMG_0166.jpg

Here's the inside of the Bose Quietcomfort2 circumaural headphones. For the record, I have them for air travel.

Anyone want to venture to explain what the hell this weird metal ribbon is doing, completely impeding the drivers?

There's something disturbing happening inside these cans, and I'm not sure what.

Jan 5, 2009 at 10:09 PM Post #3 of 14
I can't tell if it's creating noise, absorbing it, part of the microphone system that picks up the noise's sound to counteract it...if it's speakers, wiring, or what. Never seen anything like it.

Jan 5, 2009 at 10:29 PM Post #5 of 14
Can that piece of junk removed? Maybe thats whats making BOSE sound muffled.

Jan 6, 2009 at 12:51 AM Post #6 of 14
Sticking a piece of metal in between the driver and your ears... nice one, Bose.

I'd love to work as a Bose sound engineer, but they'd probably kick me out for having too sensible ideas, like not putting metal plates in front of drivers.

Jan 6, 2009 at 12:55 AM Post #7 of 14
Metal makes it better. Duh. Never question the Bose!

Jan 6, 2009 at 2:25 AM Post #9 of 14
Possibly its connecting the external microphone to the inside of the NC device. That introduces additional crap to cancel out the Soundwaves.

Jan 6, 2009 at 2:54 AM Post #10 of 14
Meh... Bose (No Highs, No Lows, Must Be Bose). IMO they sound bad all around, even worse than Koss.

[rant] Bose, why put all your money into marketing then spit out a piss poor .10 cent crap headphone? The Humanity of it all!! [/rant]

Jan 6, 2009 at 3:19 AM Post #11 of 14
only on SQ wise i think, they got every thing else covered image, portability, style and comfort.

Jan 6, 2009 at 3:26 AM Post #12 of 14
wow..this pic is front page news.

now i realise why they sounded so muffled out

Jan 7, 2009 at 2:03 PM Post #13 of 14
they are still bit muffled, but cure that by putting the EQ way up on the bass and the treble.

Jan 7, 2009 at 3:27 PM Post #14 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by mypasswordis /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sticking a piece of metal in between the driver and your ears... nice one, Bose.

I'd love to work as a Bose sound engineer, but they'd probably kick me out for having too sensible ideas, like not putting metal plates in front of drivers.

It worked for Precide. The Jecklin dynamic transducers are front mounted onto perforated metal sheets.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back