Brief Review: CRO and PIXI from Earsquake
Sep 10, 2010 at 11:49 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

Juanmotime

New Head-Fier
Richard Udeupa sent me these two phones as well as the SHA and Fish (did other review), and the CRO is another nice little cheap pair of in-ear phones from Earsquake, a Chinese company, while the PIXI is an on-ear phone but still very small (though odd colors).

I liked the CRO okay, and again, for the price it's not bad at all. The sound was balanced, not bassy, and had a pretty nice sound stage (good instrument separation too). Comfortable too, but could use more tip choice. I guess for the price, about $8, not bad.

As for the PIXI, the weirdest thing is they sit on your ear (very small ear cups) and sound sort of weak, but when you push on them a little, making a tight seal, they sound so much better. Of course, that's not practical. So to me, if they were larger ear cups and covered the ear, they would sound very good (good bass and adequate mids and highs). But even by adjusting the headband (which is thin wire, but very rigid), that didn't help.

Did I mention they are yellow and aqua? Odd colors, but cute design. Unfortunately, can't recommend due to fit problems. You can turn up the volume, I guess, but that's not a solution. Again, when I press on them, they sound so nice. A real shame.

The headband also is pretty tight, so long-term use may be painful, but my guess is you can "relax" the pressure by bending them a little over time. I won't find out because of the fit issues in terms of sound quality. Not sure what the actual price is for the PIXI, but no more than $30 I believe, if you can find them.

Sep 10, 2010 at 6:31 PM Post #2 of 2
Pictures of CRO:
CRO02.jpg

Pictures of PIXI
size]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back