Brief Impressions: PFEv1 vs. UE TPF10
Dec 10, 2009 at 11:02 AM Post #16 of 31
Once I did comparition between these two.

I agree with OP about soundstage. PFE are very very wide sounding, but lacking of depth. TF10 are better textured.
The same in terms of efficenicy TF10 are much louder even with the same impedance - it's because of triple-driver-design.

IMO the balck shure's are the worst tips for Audeo ever. Grey sillicones are much much better.

Personally I use E5 with bass boost with PFE that gives Audeo's better lower end and smother the midrange.

In this test there're no winner because trpile.fi are fun-sounding while PFE are natural-detailed-sounding earphone. To me Audeo on par with TF10 are the best sounding earphones ever heard

Dec 10, 2009 at 11:07 AM Post #17 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by iponderous /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I assume that the PFE v1 is a single armature IEM? Don't these usually have limitations at one end of the frequency spectrum or the other?

Not exactly, PFE almost straight to 10kHz but they produce 16kHz with ease.
You're right - PFE are single-driver

Dec 12, 2009 at 2:03 AM Post #18 of 31
Today my PFE finally landed here. I went from TF10 to now these and I already agree with some the impression here. To note one of them, PFE do need a little more power to drive.
Thank you

Dec 12, 2009 at 6:19 PM Post #19 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sayajin /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Today my PFE finally landed here. I went from TF10 to now these and I already agree with some the impression here. To note one of them, PFE do need a little more power to drive.
Thank you

Looking forward to more comments.

Dec 12, 2009 at 6:23 PM Post #20 of 31
I am a bit confused too these impressions. The PFE's I heard were good, but even the mids on the TF10 pro were more detailed than the mids on the PFE. I thought the TF10 beat them in almost every area. Hmm... interesting.

Dec 12, 2009 at 7:18 PM Post #21 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by Scott_Tarlow /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I am a bit confused too these impressions. The PFE's I heard were good, but even the mids on the TF10 pro were more detailed than the mids on the PFE. I thought the TF10 beat them in almost every area. Hmm... interesting.

You mean 10 pro is better ?

Dec 12, 2009 at 8:54 PM Post #22 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by gameboy115 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You mean 10 pro is better ?

Yes

Dec 12, 2009 at 9:53 PM Post #23 of 31
I wasn't a fan of the PFE's. Extremely bright and fatiguing with both black and gray filters. Just shipped them back yesterday as a matter of fact. I would like to hear the tf10s though....

Dec 12, 2009 at 10:07 PM Post #24 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by schneller /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I recommend you burn them in and come to your own conclusion.

I would personally like to read it.

Just received them today. I am so...underwhelmed. So badly to the point that I'm wondering whether I got fakes, I'll make a post about it but its nothing like I'm reading about. I have no reason to believe the actual product is a fake, I wonder if someone sells the drivers inside and resells the IEM, or something, I don't know. Its like a driver is missing. I hate to say it.

This is bad, so bad that its not something I'll ever get accustomed to. I had to extensively EQ before it sounded natural or anything close to what my other IEMs sound like. My e2cs are more balanced than this, and certainly my Phonaks.

Dec 14, 2009 at 4:38 PM Post #26 of 31
Actually, I have been so busy lately with end-of-year work/Christmas stuff/personal stuff that I have had little time for a lot of further auditioning.

I will post more thoughts as I have them.

Dec 14, 2009 at 7:31 PM Post #27 of 31
out of the box the Triple fi pro's don't sound too great (i preferred the PFE's), but after two days of letting them play constantly from an ipod, they sound more detailed and smoother in the Highs, and the same goes for the bass which was a lil bloated at first.

I now prefer them over the PFE's, as I seem to enjoy the music quite abit more and love the echo affect in vocals that was missing in the PFE's.

Dec 14, 2009 at 8:21 PM Post #28 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by btnh47 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
out of the box the Triple fi pro's don't sound too great (i preferred the PFE's), but after two days of letting them play constantly from an ipod, they sound more detailed and smoother in the Highs, and the same goes for the bass which was a lil bloated at first.

I now prefer them over the PFE's, as I seem to enjoy the music quite abit more and love the echo affect in vocals that was missing in the PFE's.

How do you compare W3 and TF10pro?

Dec 14, 2009 at 8:40 PM Post #29 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by loopsider /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just received them today. I am so...underwhelmed. So badly to the point that I'm wondering whether I got fakes, I'll make a post about it but its nothing like I'm reading about. I have no reason to believe the actual product is a fake, I wonder if someone sells the drivers inside and resells the IEM, or something, I don't know. Its like a driver is missing. I hate to say it.

This is bad, so bad that its not something I'll ever get accustomed to. I had to extensively EQ before it sounded natural or anything close to what my other IEMs sound like. My e2cs are more balanced than this, and certainly my Phonaks.

I assume you're talking about the Triple.Fis?

I'm not sure about a break in. I too bought mine new, and I too found them weird sounding at first and also did a TON of EQing too. I ended up buying a pile of other earphones like the IE8, SE530, and UM3X, and I went back and forth on all of them over a lot of music and with test tones and pink noise. I've also owned the PFE, and ER4S in the past.

When stepping to a product that is vastly different from one you are accustomed to, you are almost always immediately off-put. It also takes time to hear the little things and get used to the difference. After some time, you begin to get a good feel for what the earphones represent and what they can and can't do. I'll say my impressions on the Triple.Fi have been mixed. Many times just listening to them, I was under-impressed. However, every time I switched from another earphone to the Triple.Fi, the Triple.Fi always sounded more balanced and more refined. It simply didn't stand out in any amazing way. That may in part be their greatest benefit as well as their greatest fault. They do almost nothing wrong, and because they are so well balanced, they don't really stand out either. Every time you listen to them, you always get this "Eh...they're ok" kind of feeling. There's never this "Oh my god, these are amazing" kind of feeling with them. The PFE has a greater wow factor right from the start. However, every time I go back to the Triple.Fi from something else, it keeps show me that it can do things better. My only real complaint is the sound state on the Triple.Fi. It's well sized, layered, and is good all-around, but it has this walled in presentation. It's something you pick up on and notice pretty much right away, and it kind of detracts from the realism. I look at the Triple.Fi as watching TV. You can tell things sound real, but you know you're listening to the real thing with a device. Things like the PFE are more direct, but they don't have that walled in kind of presentation. The Triple.Fi is better for sound stage though as the PFE isn't so great with location and depth and building a good perceivable 2D space.

Dec 14, 2009 at 10:27 PM Post #30 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by gameboy115 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How do you compare W3 and TF10pro?

When I first had the TP10, I sold them just to be able to have funds for the W3 (Due to the positive reviews). By the time I got those.. i wasn't as impressed as i was hoping for. I preferred the sound signature of the Tp10's (but that's just me)

From what i remember the W3 had a midbass hump that was bit too much for my taste.. while having a bit smaller soundstage, and also had sibilance in certain songs (even with the different tips i tried). Although i love how comfortable they'd fit.. wish it could be the same for the tp10's.

but anyway i ended up selling the W3, to be able to own the IE8. Yet I wasn't too impressed with them either (after 150hrs of burn-in). Although I prefer them over the W3's by a small margin..(sound signature wise).

Theyre both good IEM's though, but all in all.. I really just was missing the high's and the details of the Tp10's.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back