Breakbeats, Dubstep and Drum N' Bass:
Feb 27, 2010 at 5:52 PM Post #16 of 89
Im sure you can find these songs but for quick listening. These are from specimen a.

YouTube - Specimen A - Exodus R I P

YouTube - Pyramid,Specimen A - No Games

YouTube - Far Too Loud - All Is Machine (Specimen A Remix)

Quote:

Originally Posted by kwitel /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Love that this thread has been revived, but am still looking for dark, techy breaks-and cant seem to find them or, get a reco for them anywhere.

Found a couple of (im guessing Swedish?) producers who have produced some sick tracks here (Rom Stomper by Zenith Spot is kinda what im looking for):

Zenith Spot

diesel dump

Feb 27, 2010 at 6:10 PM Post #17 of 89
Noisia is very nice.

Im actually going to see them live at a party tonight
beerchug.gif

Feb 27, 2010 at 11:05 PM Post #19 of 89
Quote:

Originally Posted by schwallman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Im sure you can find these songs but for quick listening. These are from specimen a.

YouTube - Specimen A - Exodus R I P

YouTube - Pyramid,Specimen A - No Games

YouTube - Far Too Loud - All Is Machine (Specimen A Remix)

Good, but more jump-up/trancy breaks. Not really my thing.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcus_C /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Breaks
Stanton Warriors,
Krafty Kuts,
Mesmer,
Vent,
A Skillz,
Soul of Man

Thanks for the recos but not at all what im looking for. These are all throwback/jum-up breaks. Im looking for the darker/techy stuff.

Feb 27, 2010 at 11:25 PM Post #20 of 89
Matrix and Furutebound - Coast to Coast is amazing

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcus_C /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Breaks
Stanton Warriors,
Krafty Kuts,
Mesmer,
Vent,
A Skillz,
Soul of Man,

DnB
Anything on Either Hospital or RAM Records,
Matrix & Futurebound
Blue Foot Project

Feb 27, 2010 at 11:28 PM Post #21 of 89
I would consider dark and techy breaks, as jungle. How about Freq Nasty?

Quote:

Good, but more jump-up/trancy breaks. Not really my thing.

Thanks for the recos but not at all what im looking for. These are all throwback/jum-up breaks. Im looking for the darker/techy stuff.

Feb 27, 2010 at 11:29 PM Post #22 of 89
Whoa, those names are a blast from the past. What about DJ Wally?

Quote:

Originally Posted by _j_ /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just listening to some NYC Jungle Sky crew right now!
Gotta love Soul Slinger and 187...

Feb 27, 2010 at 11:30 PM Post #23 of 89
Koma & Bones - Raincry rmx is where its at.

Quote:

Originally Posted by nvkid909 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
VENETIAN SNARES,

all or any of (more towards drum & bass jungle idm glitchcore, etc...), my favourites being rossz csillag alatt született (orchestral breaks) & detrimentalist (junglist),

or future loop foundation, conditions for living (d&b, with lots of double bass
regular_smile .gif
)

quite like PMT & koma & bones aswell.

Feb 28, 2010 at 12:22 AM Post #24 of 89
Quote:

I would consider dark and techy breaks, as jungle

Not sure how you came up with that; you can have techy breaks and you can have techy jungle however, the two tempos will always differ.

Jungle at 160-180bpms, is essentially sped up breakbeats (generally 130-140bpms).

Feb 28, 2010 at 12:43 AM Post #25 of 89
I know the difference. I was just saying. I just dont know what your looking for then. i consider specimen a pretty techy and dark. Not all of his tunes are and I see him leaning more towards the dub step(which I hate).

Im friends with Knick from Evol Intent, their music is as hard and nasty as I can take.

So give me some examples of what yuor looking for so I can check it out..

Quote:

Not sure how you came up with that; you can have techy breaks and you can have techy jungle however, the two tempos will always differ.

Jungle at 160-180bpms, is essentially sped up breakbeats (generally 130-140bpms).

Feb 28, 2010 at 1:07 AM Post #26 of 89
Quote:

I know the difference. I was just saying. I just dont know what your looking for then. i consider specimen a pretty techy and dark. Not all of his tunes are and I see him leaning more towards the dub step(which I hate).

Im friends with Knick from Evol Intent, their music is as hard and nasty as I can take.

So give me some examples of what yuor looking for so I can check it out..

I inlcuded this earlier in the thread; some Nordic producer I found online. Check out the first track "Rom Stomper". This is about as dark as it gets; nice trancy edge here too:

Zenith Spot

This style is exactly what im looking for.

Feb 28, 2010 at 1:26 AM Post #27 of 89
I didnt find that track dark at all. It actually almost put me to sleep. It reminds me of the Urbal Beats cd that everyone just getting into "raving" would listen to. It also has a similar feel of DJ Icey's Generate album. That track Super beat was decent to me, had a ting of funk to it, but im from florida and do and will always love florida funky breaks.

Quote:

I inlcuded this earlier in the thread; some Nordic producer I found online. Check out the first track "Rom Stomper". This is about as dark as it gets; nice trancy edge here too:

Zenith Spot

This style is exactly what im looking for.

Feb 28, 2010 at 2:26 AM Post #28 of 89
For something a little wee bit different, but that I've really been digging since I downloaded it (for free too!) :

http://www.ektoplazm.com/free-music/...etika-atropos/

"Cybernetika returns with another far future epic expressed through music. This time the form is an energetic drum ‘n bass/neurofunk album with strong psytrance influences. Atropos is the story of Hayashi, a lone interstellar traveller who discovers the legendary Atropos, one of the three Moirae (the Fates of Greek mythology). Atropos chooses “the manner and timing of each person’s death,” cutting the thread or web of life, and within this narrative context Hayashi meets “his own destiny—and the destiny of humanity.” "

Mar 4, 2010 at 5:41 PM Post #30 of 89
For dark, techy breaks, you'll want to check out progressive breaks made between, say, 2000 and 2005. Some of my favorites from my DJing days:

Habersham (his remix of Pat Foosheen's 'The Unthinkable' is awesome)
Digital Witchcraft (melodic but still dark, somehow)
Darkarma (didn't do a lot of tracks, but they're good)
Andy Page
Lostep
Infusion
Luke Chable

Check out every DJ set you can find spun by Phil K.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back